Prognosis of Obesity
Deaths and Mortality Rates
Deaths from Obesity: 300,000 premature deaths associated with obesity annually (CDC)
Estimated mortality rate for Obesity from prevalence and deaths statistics:
- Deaths: 300,000 (USA annual deaths calculated from this data:
300,000 premature deaths associated with obesity annually (CDC))
- Incidence: 39,799,999 (USA prevalence calculated from this data:
39.8 million American adults; more than 57% of American adults are overweight (CDC)
- 0.75% (ratio of deaths to prevalence).
- See also Deaths and Obesity and Overview of Obesity.
Complications of Obesity from the Diseases Database include:
Source: Diseases Database
See also complications of Obesity.
Obesity: Research More
The 'prognosis' of Obesity usually refers to the likely outcome
The prognosis of Obesity
may include the duration of Obesity, chances of complications of Obesity,
prospects for recovery, recovery period for Obesity, survival rates,
and other outcome possibilities in the overall prognosis of Obesity.
Naturally, such forecast issues are by their nature unpredictable.
» Next page: Types of Obesity
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: