Prevention of Oral thrush
Prevention of Oral thrush:
Methods of prevention of Oral thrush mentioned in various sources
includes those listed below.
This prevention information is gathered from various sources,
and may be inaccurate or incomplete.
None of these methods guarantee prevention of Oral thrush.
- Natural yoghurt - such as when taking antibiotics
- Acidophilus capsules - such as when taking antibiotics.
- Prompt treatment of other types of candidiasis
- Quit smoking
- Good diabetic control
- Well-fitting dentures
- Good dental hygiene
- Regular dental checkups
- Reduce sugar in diet
- Avoid or treat nipple infections (i.e. candida of the nipples)
- Nursing pads - helps reduce the spread of candida from nipples to clothing.
- Preventive antifungals - in severe cases.
- Treat any of the underlying conditions
Clinical Trials for Oral thrush
Some of the clinical trials for Oral thrush include:
Latest Treatments for Oral thrush
Some of the more recent treatments for Oral thrush include:
Treatments for Oral thrush
Treatments to consider for Oral thrush may include:
- Watchful waiting - some cases are mild and self-limiting and may require no treatment; check with your doctor.
- Natural yoghurt - to rebalance levels of "good" bacteria.
- Acidophilus - to increase "good" bacterial levels.
- Warm salt-water mouth rinses - mainly to ease discomfort.
- Antifungal treatments
- more treatments...»
Prevention Claims: Oral thrush
Information on prevention of Oral thrush comes from many sources.
There are some sources that claim preventive benefits
for many different diseases for various products.
We may present such information
in the hope that it may be useful,
however, in some cases claims of Oral thrush prevention may be
dubious, invalid, or not recognized in mainstream medicine.
Please discuss any treatment, discontinuation of treatment,
or change of treatment plans with your doctor
or professional medical specialist.