See what questions
a doctor would ask.
Persian violet poisoning: The persian violet is a small flowering herb which bears red, pink or white scented flowers. It is often used as an ornamental indoor or outdoor plant or in floral arrangements. If large quantities of the root (rhizome) of the plant are eaten, poisoning symptoms can result. Skin contact with the roots can result in minor skin irritation. Poisoning is unlikely due to the bitter taste of the root. More detailed information about the symptoms, causes, and treatments of Persian violet poisoning is available below.
Home medical testing related to Persian violet poisoning:
Read more about causes of Persian violet poisoning.
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Prognosis for Persian violet poisoning: Severity of symptoms vary depending on the amount of plant material consumed and the body size of the person. Children tend to suffer more severe symptoms due to their smaller body size.
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Persian violet poisoning, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Search Specialists by State and City