Treatments for Pinworm
Treatment List for Pinworm
The list of treatments mentioned in various sources
includes the following list.
Always seek professional medical advice about any treatment
or change in treatment plans.
- No treatment - some doctors recommend no specific treatments other than waiting.
- Soothing ointment - for itching
- Anthelmintic drugs
- Pyrantel pamoate (Povan)
- Treat all household members
- Launder linen, bedding, and sleepwear in hot water on same day as treatments
Alternative Treatments for Pinworm
Alternative treatments or home remedies that have been listed as possibly helpful for Pinworm may include:
- Vidanga, shardunika and trikatu Ayurvedic herbal remedy
- Triphala supplement
- Cina homeopathic remedy
- Spigella homeopathic remedy
- Comfort your child
- more treatments »
Pinworm: Is the Diagnosis Correct?
The first step in getting correct treatment is
to get a correct diagnosis.
Differential diagnosis list for Pinworm may include:
Pinworm: Marketplace Products, Discounts & Offers
Products, offers and promotion categories available for Pinworm:
Pinworm: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research all specialists including ratings, affiliations, and sanctions.
Drugs and Medications used to treat Pinworm:
Note:You must always seek professional medical advice about any prescription drug, OTC drug, medication, treatment
or change in treatment plans.
Some of the different medications used in the treatment of Pinworm include:
Unlabeled Drugs and Medications to treat Pinworm:
Unlabelled alternative drug treatments for Pinworm include:
Hospital statistics for Pinworm:
These medical statistics relate to hospitals, hospitalization and Pinworm:
- 0.0014% (184) of hospital consultant episodes were for enterobiasis in England 2002-03 (Hospital Episode Statistics, Department of Health, England, 2002-03)
- 89% of hospital consultant episodes for enterobiasis required hospital admission in England 2002-03 (Hospital Episode Statistics, Department of Health, England, 2002-03)
- 42% of hospital consultant episodes for enterobiasis were for men in England 2002-03 (Hospital Episode Statistics, Department of Health, England, 2002-03)
- 58% of hospital consultant episodes for enterobiasis were for women in England 2002-03 (Hospital Episode Statistics, Department of Health, England, 2002-03)
- more hospital information...»
Hospitals & Medical Clinics: Pinworm
Research quality ratings and patient incidents/safety measures
for hospitals and medical facilities in specialties related to Pinworm:
Hospital & Clinic quality ratings »
Choosing the Best Treatment Hospital:
More general information, not necessarily in relation to Pinworm,
on hospital and medical facility performance and surgical care quality:
Discussion of treatments for Pinworm:
Pinworm Infection: DPD (Excerpt)
prescription or over-the-counter drugs. You should consult your health
care provider before treating a suspected case of pinworm. Treatment
involves a two-dose course. The second dose should be given 2 weeks after
the first. (Source: excerpt from Pinworm Infection: DPD)
Parasitic Roundworm Diseases, NIAID Fact Sheet: NIAID (Excerpt)
Some doctors believe
that no treatment is necessary for pinworm infections that have no
symptoms. This is because children usually outgrow the infection.
Because of the strong probability that small children will get
infected again outside the home, strenuous efforts to eliminate the
eggs from the household are of little help.
If the doctor
does prescribe medicine, all members of the household should take
it, regardless of whether they have symptoms. Drugs such as
mebendazole and pyrantel pamoate (Povan) are the most useful in
treating pinworm infections.
To relieve intense itching that
often accompanies pinworm infection, a doctor may prescribe a
soothing ointment or cream. (Source: excerpt from Parasitic Roundworm Diseases, NIAID Fact Sheet: NIAID)
Buy Products Related to Treatments for Pinworm