Treatments for Pollen food allergy syndrome
Treatment List for Pollen food allergy syndrome
The list of treatments mentioned in various sources
for Pollen food allergy syndrome
includes the following list.
Always seek professional medical advice about any treatment
or change in treatment plans.
- Avoid exposure to latex. Supportive measures such as adrenaline injection if anaphylactic reaction occurs, antihistamines, bronchodilators for asthmatic symptoms and topical steroid creams for skin reactions
- The central concept of management of food allergy is allergen avoidance. When this is not possible or inadvertent allergen exposure occurs, treatment depends on the nature and severity of the reaction. Treatments include:
- Dietary modification and allergen avoidance - with education of children, parents and carers.
- No treatment - if symptoms are mild and self-limiting
- Antihistamines - Useful for allergic rhinitis and some allergy mediated skin conditions. Not helpful in asthma except for mild seasonal asthma where allergy may be a precipitant.
- Nasal sprays - including topical steroids and antihistamines used for allergic rhinitis
- Eyedrops - ketorolac, levocabastine, ketotifen, olapatadine, for allergic conjunctivitis
- Asthma medications such as inhaled beta agonists and inhaled corticosteroids - used to treat asthma which may have allergy as a contributing factor.
- Topical steroids for skin conditions such as eczema
- Oral steroids - used in short courses for moderate allergic reactions especially with asthma symptoms or skin conditions
- Desensitisation - evidence is mixed, and efficacy dependant or the type of allergy and specific type of reaction
- EpiPen - adrenaline delivery device used as first line treatment prior to hospital care for those who have proven anaphylaxis as a result of specific food allergies
- Anaphylaxis is a severe life threatening allergic response. Treatment includes:
- IM adrenaline
- High flow oxygen
- Intravenous fluids
- Intravenous and oral steroids
- Nebulised bronchodilators
- Nebulised adrenaline for upper airways obstruction
Pollen food allergy syndrome: Marketplace Products, Discounts & Offers
Products, offers and promotion categories available for Pollen food allergy syndrome:
Pollen food allergy syndrome: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research all specialists including ratings, affiliations, and sanctions.
Hospitals & Medical Clinics: Pollen food allergy syndrome
Research quality ratings and patient incidents/safety measures
for hospitals and medical facilities in specialties related to Pollen food allergy syndrome:
Hospital & Clinic quality ratings »
Choosing the Best Treatment Hospital:
More general information, not necessarily in relation to Pollen food allergy syndrome,
on hospital and medical facility performance and surgical care quality:
Buy Products Related to Treatments for Pollen food allergy syndrome