Assessment
Questionnaire

Have a symptom?
See what questions
a doctor would ask.
 

Primary angle closure glaucoma

Primary angle closure glaucoma: Introduction

Primary angle closure glaucoma: This is a closed angle type of glaucoma, caused by contact between the iris and trabecular meshwork, which in turn obstructs outflow of the aqueous humor from the eye. More detailed information about the symptoms, causes, and treatments of Primary angle closure glaucoma is available below.

Symptoms of Primary angle closure glaucoma

Treatments for Primary angle closure glaucoma

  • Laser iridotomy. This may be performed using either Nd:YAG or argon lasers, or in some cases by conventional incisional surgery
  • Closed angle glaucoma is a medical emergency and prompt treatment is necessary to avoid loss of vision. Treatment includes:
    • Hospitalisation
    • Medications to decrease intraocular pressure and stabilise the eye, including:
      • IV medications - acetazolamide
  • more treatments...»

Home Diagnostic Testing

Home medical testing related to Primary angle closure glaucoma:

Wrongly Diagnosed with Primary angle closure glaucoma?

Primary angle closure glaucoma: Related Patient Stories

Primary angle closure glaucoma: Complications

Review possible medical complications related to Primary angle closure glaucoma:

Causes of Primary angle closure glaucoma

  • Race - Common among Caucasians and Asian groups, such as Mongolian, Chinese, Japanese, and Vietnamese.
  • more causes...»

More information about causes of Primary angle closure glaucoma:

Primary angle closure glaucoma: Undiagnosed Conditions

Commonly undiagnosed diseases in related medical categories:

Misdiagnosis and Primary angle closure glaucoma

Alzheimer's disease over-diagnosed: The well-known disease of Alzheimer's disease is often over-diagnosed. Patients tend to assume that any...read more »

Dementia may be a drug interaction: A common scenario in aged care is for a patient to show mental decline to dementia. Whereas this can, of course, occur due to various medical...read more »

Tremor need not be Parkinson's disease: There is the tendency to believe that any tremor symptom, or shakiness, means Parkinson's disease. The reality is that there are various possibilities, such as ...read more »

Rare diseases misdiagnosed as Parkinson's disease: A rare genetic disorder is often misdiagnosed as Parkinson's disease for men in their 50's. The disease Fragile X disorder can...read more »

Vitamin B12 deficiency under-diagnosed: The condition of Vitamin B12 deficiency is a possible misdiagnosis of various conditions, such as multiple sclerosis (see symptoms of multiple...read more »

Primary angle closure glaucoma: Research Doctors & Specialists

Research related physicians and medical specialists:

Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:

Hospitals & Clinics: Primary angle closure glaucoma

Research quality ratings and patient safety measures for medical facilities in specialties related to Primary angle closure glaucoma:

Choosing the Best Hospital: More general information, not necessarily in relation to Primary angle closure glaucoma, on hospital performance and surgical care quality:

Primary angle closure glaucoma: Rare Types

Rare types of diseases and disorders in related medical categories:

Evidence Based Medicine Research for Primary angle closure glaucoma

Medical research articles related to Primary angle closure glaucoma include:

Click here to find more evidence-based articles on the TRIP Database

Primary angle closure glaucoma: Animations

Prognosis for Primary angle closure glaucoma

Prognosis for Primary angle closure glaucoma: In early to moderately advanced cases, iridotomy is successful in opening the angle in around 75% of cases. In the other 25% laser iridoplasty, medication (pilocarpine) or incisional surgery may be required

Research about Primary angle closure glaucoma

Visit our research pages for current research about Primary angle closure glaucoma treatments.

Primary angle closure glaucoma: Broader Related Topics

User Interactive Forums

Read about other experiences, ask a question about Primary angle closure glaucoma, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:

 

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use. Information provided on this site is for informational purposes only; it is not intended as a substitute for advice from your own medical team. The information on this site is not to be used for diagnosing or treating any health concerns you may have - please contact your physician or health care professional for all your medical needs. Please see our Terms of Use.

Home | Symptoms | Diseases | Diagnosis | Videos | Tools | Forum | About Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Site Map | Advertise