Prognosis of Rabies
Prognosis of Rabies: most infected people die without prompt treatment ...see also Overview of Rabies
Deaths and Mortality Rates
Deaths from Rabies: 1 death in the USA (CDC/1998)
Estimated mortality rate for Rabies from incidence and deaths statistics:
- Deaths: 1 (USA annual deaths calculated from this data:
1 death in the USA (CDC/1998))
- Incidence: 18,000 (USA annual incidence calculated from this data:
18,000 cases (of rabies shots rather than actual rabies)
- 0.0056% (ratio of deaths to incidence).
- See also Deaths and Rabies and Overview of Rabies.
Complications of Rabies may include:
Complications of Rabies from the Diseases Database include:
Source: Diseases Database
See also complications of Rabies.
Rabies: Research More
The 'prognosis' of Rabies usually refers to the likely outcome
The prognosis of Rabies
may include the duration of Rabies, chances of complications of Rabies,
prospects for recovery, recovery period for Rabies, survival rates,
and other outcome possibilities in the overall prognosis of Rabies.
Naturally, such forecast issues are by their nature unpredictable.
» Next page: Types of Rabies
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: