Rhabdoid melanoma: Introduction
Rhabdoid melanoma: Malignant melanoma is known to display tremendous histologic diversity. One rare variant is the rhabdoid phenotype, so called because of the appearance of cells resembling rhabdomyoblasts seen in malignant rhabdoid tumors of the kidney.
More detailed information about the symptoms,
causes, and treatments of Rhabdoid melanoma is available below.
Symptoms of Rhabdoid melanoma
- Asymmetrical skin lesion.
- Border of the lesion is irregular.
- Color: melanomas usually have multiple colors.
- Diameter: moles greater than 6 mm are more likely to be melanomas than smaller moles.
- more symptoms...»
Read more about symptoms of Rhabdoid melanoma
Treatments for Rhabdoid melanoma
- Adjuvant interferon (IFN) alfa-2b is the only adjuvant therapy approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for high-risk melanoma (currently defined as stages IIB, IIC, and III), which is associated with a 40-80% chance of relapse and death
- Excision of primary +/- regional lymph nodes
- Excision of metastases
- Chemotherapy - mainly used for metastatic disease
- more treatments...»
Read more about treatments for Rhabdoid melanoma
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical testing related to Rhabdoid melanoma:
- Colon & Rectal Cancer: Home Testing
Wrongly Diagnosed with Rhabdoid melanoma?
Rhabdoid melanoma: Complications
Review possible medical complications related to Rhabdoid melanoma:
Causes of Rhabdoid melanoma
- Generally, an individual's risk for developing melanoma depends on two groups of factors: intrinsic and environmental. "Intrinsic" factors are generally an individual's family history and inherited genotype, while the most relevant environmental factor is sun exposure
- more causes...»
Read more about causes of Rhabdoid melanoma
More information about causes of Rhabdoid melanoma:
Rhabdoid melanoma: Undiagnosed Conditions
Commonly undiagnosed diseases in related medical categories:
Misdiagnosis and Rhabdoid melanoma
Spitz nevi misdiagnosed as dangerous melanoma skin cancer: One possible misdiagnosis to
consider in lieu of melanoma is spitz nevi.
See melanoma and ...read more »
Psoriasis often undiagnosed cause of skin symptoms in children: Children who suffer
from the skin disorder called psoriasis can often go undiagnosed.
The main problem is that psoriasis is rare in children, and not...read more »
Read more about Misdiagnosis and Rhabdoid melanoma
Rhabdoid melanoma: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Hospitals & Clinics: Rhabdoid melanoma
Research quality ratings and patient safety measures
for medical facilities in specialties related to Rhabdoid melanoma:
Hospital & Clinic quality ratings »
Choosing the Best Hospital:
More general information, not necessarily in relation to Rhabdoid melanoma,
on hospital performance and surgical care quality:
Rhabdoid melanoma: Rare Types
Rare types of diseases and disorders in related medical categories:
Rhabdoid melanoma: Animations
More Rhabdoid melanoma animations & videos
Prognosis for Rhabdoid melanoma
Prognosis for Rhabdoid melanoma:
Features that affect prognosis are tumor thickness in millimeters (Breslow's depth), depth related to skin structures (Clark level), type of melanoma, presence of ulceration, presence of lymphatic/perineural invasion, presence of tumor infiltrating lymphocytes (if present, prognosis is better), location of lesion, presence of satellite lesions, and presence of regional or distant metastasis.
More about prognosis of Rhabdoid melanoma
Rhabdoid melanoma: Broader Related Topics
Types of Rhabdoid melanoma
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Rhabdoid melanoma, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Contents for Rhabdoid melanoma:
» Next page: What is Rhabdoid melanoma?
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: