Treatments for Salmonella typhi infection
Treatment List for Salmonella typhi infection
The list of treatments mentioned in various sources
for Salmonella typhi infection
includes the following list.
Always seek professional medical advice about any treatment
or change in treatment plans.
- Rehydration, antibiotics in susceptible patients
- Salmonella Typhi is more prevalent in developing countries and those travelling overseas are more at risk. It is the cause of typhoid or enteric fever. Treatments include:
- Vaccination prior to travel
- Be cautious with food and drinks - use bottled water, and consume foodstuffs that have been cooked and are still hot, or eat fruit and vegetables that can be peeled.
- Should be started at the first suspicion of disease rather than waiting for confirmatory tests
- Hospitalisation and supportive care
- Public Health measures
- Finish antibiotics
- Strict handwashing
- Ensure follow-up testing to confirm clearance of the organism
Salmonella typhi infection: Marketplace Products, Discounts & Offers
Products, offers and promotion categories available for Salmonella typhi infection:
Salmonella typhi infection: Research Doctors & Specialists
- Poisoning / Toxicology Specialists:
- Digestive Health Specialists (Gastroenterology):
- more specialists...»
Research all specialists including ratings, affiliations, and sanctions.
Hospitals & Medical Clinics: Salmonella typhi infection
Research quality ratings and patient incidents/safety measures
for hospitals and medical facilities in specialties related to Salmonella typhi infection:
Hospital & Clinic quality ratings »
Choosing the Best Treatment Hospital:
More general information, not necessarily in relation to Salmonella typhi infection,
on hospital and medical facility performance and surgical care quality:
Buy Products Related to Treatments for Salmonella typhi infection