Sparrow allergy: Introduction
Sparrow allergy: A sparrow allergy is an adverse reaction by the body's immune system to sparrows. The allergy is usually associated with the skin, feathers or excrement of the bird. The body's immune system produces immunoglobulin E (IgE - an antibody) and histamine in response to contact with the allergen. The specific symptoms that can result can vary considerably amongst patients e.g. skin and respiratory symptoms.
More detailed information about the symptoms,
causes, and treatments of Sparrow allergy is available below.
Symptoms of Sparrow allergy
See full list of 20
symptoms of Sparrow allergy
Treatments for Sparrow allergy
- Avoid contact with the allergen, antihistamines, bronchodilators for asthmatic symptoms
- Animal allergy is best treated by prevention of exposure to sensitising agents. Where this is not possible, treatment of allergy is dependant upon the type of allergic symptom, the body system affected, and the severity of the reaction. Treatments for animal allergies include:
- Allergen avoidance and minimisation of exposure
- Antihistamines - Useful for allergic rhinitis and some allergy mediated skin conditions. Not helpful in asthma except for mild seasonal asthma where allergy may be a precipitant
- Nasal sprays - including topical steroids and antiinflammatories used for allergic rhinitis
- more treatments...»
Read more about treatments for Sparrow allergy
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical testing related to Sparrow allergy:
- Allergies -- Related Home Tests
Wrongly Diagnosed with Sparrow allergy?
Causes of Sparrow allergy
Read more about causes of Sparrow allergy.
Sparrow allergy: Undiagnosed Conditions
Commonly undiagnosed diseases in related medical categories:
Misdiagnosis and Sparrow allergy
Chronic lung diseases hard to diagnose: Some of the chronic lung diseases
are difficult to diagnose.
Even the well-knowns conditions such as asthma or lung cancer often fail to be diagnosed early.
Some of the chronic lung...read more »
Read more about Misdiagnosis and Sparrow allergy
Sparrow allergy: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
- Allergy Specialists:
- Immune-Related Disease Specialists (Immunology):
- Lung Health Specialists (Pulmonologist):
- more specialists...»
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Sparrow allergy: Rare Types
Rare types of diseases and disorders in related medical categories:
Sparrow allergy: Animations
More Sparrow allergy animations & videos
Sparrow allergy: Broader Related Topics
Types of Sparrow allergy
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Sparrow allergy, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Contents for Sparrow allergy:
» Next page: What is Sparrow allergy?
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: