Glossary for Abdominal swelling in children
Medical terms related to Abdominal swelling in children or mentioned in this section include:
- Abdominal pain: Pain in the abdominal area or stomach.
- Abdominal swelling: Swelling or bloating of the abdomen
- Abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the abdomen or digestive tract
- Adrenocortical carcinoma: A condition which is characterized by malignancy which affects the adrenocortex.
- Ascites: The presence of serous fluid within the abdominal cavity
- Body symptoms: Symptoms affecting the entire body features.
- Celiac Disease: Digestive intolerance to gluten in the diet.
- Digestive symptoms: Any symptoms affecting the digestive tract.
- EGE: A rare disorder where white blood cells (eosinophils) infiltrate the layers of the lining of the stomach and intestines and cause gastrointestinal symptoms. The degree of infiltration will determine the severity of symptoms.
- Hernia: General term for an organ protruding where it should not.
- Hookworm: Worm spread through feces with poor sanitation.
- Lactose Intolerance: lactose intolerance is the inability to metabolize lactose, a sugar found in milk and other dairy products, because the required enzyme lactase is absent in the intestinal system or its availability is lowered
- Lactose intolerance: lactose intolerance is the inability to metabolize lactose, a sugar found in milk and other dairy products, because the required enzyme lactase is absent in the intestinal system or its availability is lowered
- Leukemia: Cancer of the blood cells, usually white blood cells.
- Lymphoma: Any neoplastic disorder that occurs in lymphoid tissue
- Marasmus: A form of malnutrition caused by a severe deficiency of both protein and calories
- Muscle symptoms: Symptoms affecting the muscles of the body
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Neuroblastoma: neuroblastoma is a malignant (cancerous) tumor of infants and children that develops from nerve tissue
- Ovarian cyst: A cyst which is located in the ovary
- Ovarian cysts: Cysts which are located in the ovaries
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease: A condition which is characterized by an infection which is located in the upper female genital tract
- Pelvic inflammatory disease: A condition which is characterized by an infection which is located in the upper female genital tract
- Polycystic liver disease: A rare inherited disorder involving the formation of numerous cysts in the liver.
- Pyloric stenosis: Narrowed opening between stomach and intestines
- Small bowel bacterial overgrowth syndrome: The small bowel is a part of the digestive system. A healthy small bowel contains some bacteria but in bacterial overgrowth syndrome, there are an excessive number of bacteria. Abnormal small bowel muscle function is often associated with conditions such as intestinal motility problems due to neurological diseases and muscular diseases, diabetes mellitus, small intestine obstruction and diverticulitis. It may also be caused by certain medications and abdominal surgeries.
- Soft Tissue Sarcoma: A rare type of cancerous tumor that originates in soft tissues of the body which includes muscles, nerves, tendons, blood vessels and fat. They can occur anywhere in the body and are often asymptomatic during the early stages and symptoms in the later stages depend on the location and size of the tumor.
- Swelling symptoms: Symptoms causing swelling or enlargement.
- Wilms' tumor: A malignant kidney tumor that occurs in children.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Abdominal swelling in children:
The following list of conditions
have 'Abdominal swelling in children' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Abdominal swelling in children or choose View All.