Glossary for Abnormal patellar reflex
Medical terms related to Abnormal patellar reflex or mentioned in this section include:
- Abnormal pain: The abnormal presence of pain that one may feel
- Abnormal patellar reflex in children: Abnormal contraction of the quadriceps muscle when the kneecap of a child is struck with a knee hammer.
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: A degenerative motor neuron disease marked by weakness and wasting of the muscles which starts at the hands and legs and spreads to the rest of the body. Death occurs in 2 to 5 years. Also called Lou Gehrig's disease or wasting palsy.
- Brain cancer: Cancer of the brain.
- Brain tumor: A condition which is characterized by the abnormal growth of tissue within the brain
- Dermatomyositis: A muscle disease characterized by chronic muscle inflammation resulting in progressive muscle weakness and a characteristic rash.
- Eaton Lambert syndrome: is a rare disorder of neuromuscular transmission
- Eclampsia: serious complication of pregnancy and is characterised by high blood pressure and convulsions
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome: An acute condition which is characterized by polyradiculoneuropathy that affects the peripheral nervous system
- Guillain-Barre syndrome: An acute condition which is characterized by polyradiculoneuropathy that affects the peripheral nervous system
- Hepatic encephalopathy: Caused by marked liver disease that results in disturbances of consciousness
- Hypocalcemia: Low blood calcium levels
- Hypothyroidism: The decreased activity of the thyroid gland
- Lambert-Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome: A condition where a patient with a carcinoma suffers from progressive muscular weakness.
- Movement symptoms: Changes to movement or motor abilities
- Multiple Sclerosis: Autoimmune attack on spinal nerves causing diverse and varying neural problems.
- Muscle symptoms: Symptoms affecting the muscles of the body
- Musculoskeletal symptoms: Symptoms affecting muscles or bones of the skeleton.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Patellar pain: Patellar pain refers to discomfort in the kneecap.
- Pregnancy toxemia /hypertension: Preeclampsia is the development of high blood pressure, excess protein in the urine and swelling during pregnancy. Hypertension is a serious health condition due to the fact that it often causes no symptoms until it is severe. The blood pressure usually returns to normal after delivery.
- Reflex symptoms: Changes to the nerve reflexes
- Sensations: Changes to sensations or the senses
- Spinal Cord Tumor: Cancer of the spinal cord or central nervous system.
- Spinal cord lesion: Spinal cord lesion is a condition in which there is an area of abnormal tissue on the spinal cord.
- Stroke: Brain-related symptoms of bleeding or blockage.
- Stroke symptoms: Brain-related symptoms of bleeding or blockage.
- Syringomyelia: Spinal cord cysts
- Tetanus: A disease caused by chemicals which are produced by a bacterium (clostridium tetani) and are toxic to the nerves. The infection usually occurs when the bacteria enter the body through a deep wound - these bacteria are anaerobic and hence don't need oxygen to survive.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Abnormal patellar reflex:
The following list of conditions
have 'Abnormal patellar reflex' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Abnormal patellar reflex or choose View All.