Glossary for Alcohol abuse
Medical terms related to Alcohol abuse or mentioned in this section include:
- Abnormal liver function tests: Abnormal blood test results indicating that there may be a problem with ones liver
- Addiction symptoms: Symptoms related to addiction (physical or mental addiction)
- Alcohol -- Teratogenic Agent: There is strong evidence to indicate that exposure to Alcohol during pregnancy may have a teratogenic effect on the fetus. A teratogen is a substance that can cause birth defects. The likelihood and severity of defects may be affected by the level of exposure and the stage of pregnancy that the exposure occurred at.
- Alcohol abuse: Excessive alcohol as a symptom of other conditions
- Alcohol use: Use of alcohol (as a symptom)
- Alcohol-induced pseudo-Cushing syndrome: The excessive consumption of alcohol can result in symptoms similar to a condition called Cushing's syndrome. When alcohol consumption is stopped, symptoms regress.
- Alcoholism: High dependence on excessive amounts of alcohol.
- Austrian syndrome: A condition where alcoholism is associated with heart failure and pneumococcal meningitis.
- Behavioral symptoms: Symptoms of personal behavior.
- Body symptoms: Symptoms affecting the entire body features.
- Cardiomyopathy, Alcoholic: A weakened heart mucle due to excessive alcohol consumption. Symptoms are usually not evident until the heart becomes severely damaged.
- Cirrhosis of liver: diffuse hepatic process characterized by fibrosis and the conversion of normal liver architecture into structurally abnormal nodules
- Cognitive impairment: General loss of mental or cognitive ability
- Diseases associated with senile cataract: It is a vision impairing disease characterised by gradual , progressive thickening of the lens.
- Drug abuse: Drug use as a symptom of other conditions
- Emotional symptoms: Symptoms affecting the emotions.
- Gulf War syndrome: Syndrome in military veterans of the Gulf war
- Hepatitis: Any inflammation of the liver
- Liver conditions: Any condition that affects the liver
- Liver symptoms: Symptoms affecting the liver
- Mental problems: Symptoms affecting judgement, thought or intelligence.
- Muscle symptoms: Symptoms affecting the muscles of the body
- Myoclonic dystonia: A very rare inherited syndrome characterized mainly by mild dystonia and myoclonic jerks that occur mainly in the arms, neck and trunk. Alcohol makes the condition worse. Psychiatric disorders are also often present.
- Nymphomania: Extreme sexual promiscuity in a female.
- Panic disorder: is a severe medical condition characterized by extremely elevated mood
- Personality symptoms: Symptoms or changes to the personality.
- Psychiatric symptom: Psychiatric mental health symptoms such as psychosis.
- Social phobia: Excessive anxiety in social situations.
- Stress: Emotional stress (sometimes refers to physical stress)
- Suicidal symptoms: Thoughts or actions toward suicide.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Alcohol abuse:
The following list of conditions
have 'Alcohol abuse' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Alcohol abuse or choose View All.
Conditions listing medical complications: Alcohol abuse:
The following list of medical conditions have 'Alcohol abuse'
or similar listed as a medical complication in our database.
» Next page: Disease Center Information
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: