Glossary for Allergic contact dermatitis of the ear
Medical terms related to Allergic contact dermatitis of the ear or mentioned in this section include:
- Acne: Pimples and blackheads on the skin
- Allergic contact dermatitis: An allergic contact dermatitis is where the body's immune system causes a skin reaction in response to direct contact with an allergen. Symptoms usually only affect the skin directly in contact with the allergen but in severe cases, symptoms may spread around the contact site or even become widespread across the body.
- Allergies: Immune system over-reaction to various substances.
- Allergy-like symptoms: Symptoms similar to allergies or closely related.
- Contact dermatitis: Skin reaction to an irritant
- Contact syndrome:
- Dermatitis: Inflammation of the skin.
- Ear symptoms: Symptoms affecting the ear or hearing
- Eczema: Skin rash usually from allergic causes.
- Face symptoms: Symptoms affecting the face
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Immune disorders: Disorders that affect the immune system
- Immune symptoms: Symptoms affecting the immune system
- Inflammatory symptoms: Symptoms related to inflammation.
- Psoriasis: Psoriasis is an inflammatory skin condition where the defective immune system causes skin cells to grow rapidly. It affects a significant number of people. Arthritis, which can be severe, is associated with the psoriasis in up to a third of cases. Not all patients who are susceptible to the condition will develop it - roughly 10% of those susceptible will actually develop the condition. There are various environmental factors which can trigger the onset of the disease e.g. strep throat (common trigger), some medication, stress and cold weather. Once the disease develops, it may resolve on its own or with treatment or may become a persistent chronic condition. The severity and duration of symptoms is variable.
- Seborrhoea: Excessive sebum production by the sebaceous glands.
- Skin problems: Any condition that affects the skin
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Allergic contact dermatitis of the ear:
The following list of conditions
have 'Allergic contact dermatitis of the ear' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Allergic contact dermatitis of the ear or choose View All.
» Next page: Allergic dermatitis
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: