Glossary for Altered respiratory pattern
Medical terms related to Altered respiratory pattern or mentioned in this section include:
- Adult respiratory distress syndrome: A condition which is characterized by fulminant pulmonary interstitial alveolar oedema.
- Amphetamine abuse: Use of the stimulant drugs known as amphetamines or "speed"
- Anaphylaxis: An immediate hypersensitivity reaction due to the exposure of a specific antigen to a sensitized individual
- Anxiety: Excessive worry, anxiety, or fear.
- Apnea: Periods of absence of breathing
- Arrhythmias: The occurrence of irregular heart beats
- Asthma: A condition which is characterized by recurrent attacks of paroxysmal dyspnoea
- Bleeding symptoms: Any type of bleeding symptoms.
- Breath symptoms: Breath-related symptoms including breath odor
- Breathing symptoms: Symptoms affecting the breathing systems.
- Bronchitis: Inflammation of the bronchi as a symptom
- Cardiac tamponade: Symptoms caused by compression of the heart due to the accumulation of blood or fluid in the space between the heart muscle and the membrane covering the heart.
- Chronic bronchitis: A condition which is characterized by the chronic inflammation of ones or more of the bronchi
- Constrictive pericarditis: Constrictive pericarditis refers to an chronic inflammation of the sac that covers the heart (pericardium) that results in scarring of the pericardium.
- Diabetic ketoacidosis: A metabolic acidosis that results from the accumulation of ketones when diabetes mellitus is poorly controlled
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy: An inherited degenerative disease of the muscles which progresses rapidly compared to other muscle wasting diseases.
- Emphysema: Emphysema is a type of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). It is defined as an abnormal, permanent enlargement of the air spaces distal to the terminal bronchioles accompanied by destruction of their walls and without obvious fibrosis.
- Encephalitis: Infection of the brain (as a symptom)
- Extradural hematoma: Bleeding in the skull outside the brain
- Face symptoms: Symptoms affecting the face
- Fast breathing: also known as as tachyapnea , characterised by an increased respiratory rate
- Fever: Raised body temperature usually with other symptoms.
- Flail chest: abnormal movement of a portion of the chest wall
- Head injury: Any injury that occurs to the head
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Heart failure: A condition which is characterized by an inability of the heart to pump blood efficiently and effectively
- Hypoxia: This is where there is a reduction of oxygen supply to parts of the body below what is required for adequate perfusion
- Injury: Any damage inflicted in the body
- Intracranial hemorrhage: Intracranial hemorrhage is a condition in which there is bleeding within the cranium of the skull.
- Lung abscess: The formation of a localized collection of puss in a cavity in the lungs
- Malignant mesothelioma: Malignant mesothelioma affects the lining or membranes of certain large cavities in the body. These cavities, called the serous cavities, house certain major organs in the body including the heart, lungs, abdomen and others
- Meningitis: Infection of the membrane around the brain (as a symptom)
- Metabolic acidosis: metabolic acidosis is a process which if unchecked leads to acidemia (i.e. blood pH is low (less than 7.35) due to increased production of H+ by the body or the inability of the body to form bicarbonate (HCO3-) in the kidney
- Mouth symptoms: Symptoms of the mouth or oral area.
- Myasthenia Gravis: An autoimmune disorder which interferes with nerve impulses to muscles and hence results in weak, easily fatigued muscles.
- Myocardial infarction: blood supply to part of the heart is interrupted
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Panic attack: A condition which is characterized by an acute episode of intense anxiety
- Pneumonia: Lung infection or inflammation (as a symptom)
- Pneumothorax: pneumothorax is the collection of air in the space around the lungs and chest wall
- Psychiatric disorders: Any condition that affects ones mind
- Pulmonary edema: A condition which is characterized by engorgement of the pulmonary vessels and transudation of fluid into the alveoli
- Pulmonary embolism: The occurrence of an embolism which blocks blood vessels in the lungs
- Pulmonary fibrosis: A scarring condition that affects the lungs
- Rapid respiratory rate: also known as as tachyapnea , characterised by an increased respiratory rate
- Renal failure: A condition characterized by a failure of the kidney to excrete toxic metabolites from the body
- Respiratory disorder: any disease affecting the upper, lower airways and the lungs
- Respiratory distress: A condition which is characterized by poor respiration that results in the body being under stress
- Respiratory symptoms: Symptoms affecting the breathing systems.
- Stress: Emotional stress (sometimes refers to physical stress)
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage: subarachnoid hemorrhage is bleeding in the area between the brain and the thin tissues that cover the brain. This area is called the subarachnoid space
- Subdural hematoma: A condition which is characterized by a blood clot beneath the dura mater
- Throat symptoms: Symptoms affecting the throat
- Tuberculosis: Bacterial infection causing nodules forming, most commonly in the lung.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Altered respiratory pattern:
The following list of conditions
have 'Altered respiratory pattern' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Altered respiratory pattern or choose View All.
» Next page: Altered sensations on shin
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: