Glossary for Alternating constipation and diarrhea as in case of ulcerative colitis
Medical terms related to Alternating constipation and diarrhea as in case of ulcerative colitis or mentioned in this section include:
- Abdominal pain: Pain in the abdominal area or stomach.
- Abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the abdomen or digestive tract
- Bowel movements: Changes in type or frequency of bowel motions
- Bowel problems: Symptoms affecting the bowel
- Codeine -- Teratogenic Agent: There is evidence to indicate that exposure to Codeine (an opiate drug) during pregnancy may have a teratogenic effect on the fetus. A teratogen is a substance that can cause birth defects. The likelihood and severity of defects may be affected by the level of exposure and the stage of pregnancy that the exposure occurred at.
- Colitis: Inflammation of the colon
- Constipation: Hardness of stool or difficulty or inability to pass feces.
- Crohn's disease: Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive system. It is one of a group of diseases called inflammatory bowel disease. The disease can affect any area from the mouth to the anus. It often affects the lower part of the small intestine called the ileum.
- Diarrhea: Loose, soft, or watery stool.
- Digestive symptoms: Any symptoms affecting the digestive tract.
- Duodenal atresia: A rare birth defect where a portion of the small intestine is absent or completely closed off and the digestive products cannot pass through. It is usually associated with other birth defects.
- Flatulence: Gas passed from the anus
- Hirschsprung disease: congenital disorder of the colon in which the ganglionic nerver cells are absent leading to constipation
- Inflammatory symptoms: Symptoms related to inflammation.
- Irritable bowel syndrome: A chronic non inflammatory disease with a psychophysiologic basis
- Jejunal Atresia: A rare birth defect where developmental abnormalities result in the small intestine being completely absent or blocked.
- Lower abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the lower abdominal region.
- Malabsorption syndrome: is an alteration in the ability of the intestine to absorb nutrients adequately into the bloodstream
- Mineral deficiency: A deficiency of any minerals in the body
- Necrotising enterocolitis:
- Paralytic ileus: Temporary intestinal paralysis
- Short Bowel Syndrome: Disorder of shortened bowel usually from bowel surgery.
- Slow peristalsis: decreased bowel movements
- Stool symptoms: Changes to stool such as diarrhea
- Ulcerative colitis: Ulcerative colitis (Colitis ulcerosa, UC) is a form of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Ulcerative colitis is a form of colitis, a disease of the intestine, specifically the large intestine or colon, that includes characteristic ulcers, or open sores, in the colon.
- Vomiting: Vomiting or retching symptoms.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Alternating constipation and diarrhea as in case of ulcerative colitis:
The following list of conditions
have 'Alternating constipation and diarrhea as in case of ulcerative colitis' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Alternating constipation and diarrhea as in case of ulcerative colitis or choose View All.