Glossary for Aneurysmal dissection
Medical terms related to Aneurysmal dissection or mentioned in this section include:
- Abdominal pain: Pain in the abdominal area or stomach.
- Aortic coarctation: A rare inherited birth defect where the heart blood vessel called the aorta has a narrowed area which affects blood flow. The degree of constriction is variable which mild cases asymptomatic until adulthood. The poor blood flow to the lower body gives results in it appearing less developed than that upper body.
- Aortic dissection: A tear in the inner layer of the aorta (major artery in the body) which allows blood to escape into outer layers of the artery.
- Arteriosclerosis: A group of medical conditions which are characterized by the thickening and loss of elasticity of arterial blood vessel walls
- Blood vessel symptoms: Symptoms affecting the blood vessels
- Breath symptoms: Breath-related symptoms including breath odor
- Circulation symptoms: Symptoms affecting the circulatory system
- Coarctation of the aorta: coarctation of the aorta is a narrowing of the aorta between the upper-body artery branches and the branches to the lower body
- Dissection syndromes:
- Ehlers danlos syndrome: An inherited disorder of the connective tissue causing it to become weak and fragile. Connective tissue is found in skin, muscles, tendons and ligaments and hence all of these may be affected by weakness
- Ehlers-Danlos syndrome: An inherited disorder of the connective tissue causing it to become weak and fragile. Connective tissue is found in skin, muscles, tendons and ligaments and hence all of these may be affected by weakness
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Heart failure: A condition which is characterized by an inability of the heart to pump blood efficiently and effectively
- Heart failure in children: Heart failure in children is a condition in which a child's heart is unable to pump sufficient amounts of blood to the body.
- Heart symptoms: Symptoms affecting the heart
- Injury: Any damage inflicted in the body
- Low blood pressure: Low blood pressure refers to blood pressure that is lower than the range that is considered normal. This may or may not cause symptoms and a person with low blood pressure may be catastrophically unwell, or perfectly well depending on the cause. Blood pressure refers to the pressure of the blood circulating through the blood vessels.
- Marfan syndrome: A genetic connective tissue disorder involving a defect of chromosome 15q21.1 which affects the production of the fibrillin needed to make connective tissue.
- Mouth symptoms: Symptoms of the mouth or oral area.
- Muscle symptoms: Symptoms affecting the muscles of the body
- Patent ductus arteriosus: patent ductus arteriosus (PDA) is a congenital heart defect wherein a child's ductus arteriosus fails to close after birth
- Respiratory symptoms: Symptoms affecting the breathing systems.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Aneurysmal dissection:
The following list of conditions
have 'Aneurysmal dissection' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Aneurysmal dissection or choose View All.
» Next page: Aneurysms
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: