Glossary for Aneurysms
Medical terms related to Aneurysms or mentioned in this section include:
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm: A weakness and bulging of a section of an abdominal blood vessel called the abdominal aorta. It is usually associated with severe atherosclerosis in the blood vessel.
- Aneurysm: Swelling or ballooning of part of an artery
- Angiopathy, hereditary, with nephropathy, aneurysms and muscle cramps: An inherited disorder characterized by kidney disease, aneurysms, blood vessel disease and muscle cramps which can last from seconds to minutes.
- Aortic aneurysm: A localised dilatation of the aorta which results in a 50% increase in its diameter
- Artery symptoms: Symptoms affecting the arteries (large blood vessels)
- Atheroma: A region of plaque occurring in atherosclerosis
- Atherosclerosis: A condition which is a form of arteriosclerosis where atheromas are caused by the aggregation of cholesterol and lipids
- Autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease: Genetic kidney disease causing kidney cysts.
- Behcet's Disease: Recurring inflammation of small blood vessels affecting various areas.
- Behcet's syndrome: Recurring inflammation of small blood vessels affecting various areas.
- Blood vessel symptoms: Symptoms affecting the blood vessels
- Cardiovascular symptoms: Symptoms affecting the heart and related vascular systems.
- Cerebrovascular symptoms: Symptoms related to the brain's arteries
- Circulation symptoms: Symptoms affecting the circulatory system
- Congenital conditions: Any condition that you are born with such as birth defects or genetic diseases.
- Deformity symptoms: Various types of deformity
- Ehlers danlos syndrome: An inherited disorder of the connective tissue causing it to become weak and fragile. Connective tissue is found in skin, muscles, tendons and ligaments and hence all of these may be affected by weakness
- Ehlers-Danlos syndrome: An inherited disorder of the connective tissue causing it to become weak and fragile. Connective tissue is found in skin, muscles, tendons and ligaments and hence all of these may be affected by weakness
- Endocarditis: Inflammatory alterations of the endocardium of ones heart
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Heart attack: An acute myocardial infarction
- Hemorrhage: Any type of bleeding symptoms.
- High blood pressure: Excessive blood pressure.
- Kawasaki disease: A childhood illness that generally affects the skin, mouth and lymph nodes.
- Marfan's syndrome: A genetic connective tissue disorder involving a defect of chromosome 15q21.1 which affects the production of the fibrillin needed to make connective tissue.
- Muscle symptoms: Symptoms affecting the muscles of the body
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- PHACE association: A very rare syndrome characterized mainly by a brain malformation (involving the posterior fossa), large facial hemangioma and eye, heart and artery anomalies.
- Polyarteritis nodosa: A serious blood vessel disease where small and medium-sized arteries become swollen and damaged and are unable to adequately supply oxygenated blood to various tissues in the body. The disease can occur in a mild form or a serious, rapidly fatal form.
- Polychondritis: A serious, progressive, episodic condition characterized by inflammation and degeneration of cartilage in the body. The duration and severity of the episodes can vary.
- Polycystic kidney disease: Genetic kidney disease causing kidney cysts.
- Rambaud-Galian syndrome: A very rare syndrome characterized by the progressive deposition of a substance called hyaline in blood vessels of the digestive tract and kidneys. Calcification of the brain is also present.
- Sensations: Changes to sensations or the senses
- Sudden death: Death that occurs suddenly
- Syphilis: A sexually transmitted disease caused by a bacteria (Treponema pallidum). The condition is often asymptomatic in the early stages but one or more sores may be present in the early stages. Untreated syphilis usually results in remission of visible symptoms but further severe damage may occur to internal organs and other body tissues which can result in death.
- Vasculitis: A condition which is characterized by inflammation to blood vessels
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Aneurysms:
The following list of conditions
have 'Aneurysms' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Aneurysms or choose View All.
Conditions listing medical complications: Aneurysms:
The following list of medical conditions have 'Aneurysms'
or similar listed as a medical complication in our database.
» Next page: Disease Center Information
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: