Glossary for Anger
Medical terms related to Anger or mentioned in this section include:
- Aggression: Overly aggressive behavior.
- Agitation: A state of increased tension with episodes of emotional and physical irritability.
- Behavioral symptoms: Symptoms of personal behavior.
- Behavioural disorders: Disorders that affect a persons behaviour
- Bipolar disorder: Cycles of mania and depression; commonly called "manic-depression".
- Borderline Personality Disorder: Mental condition with behavioral and emotional problems.
- Childhood depression: Childhood depression is just as serious as adult depression. However, it is important to recognize that children have unique signs to be aware of when recognizing and diagnosing depression.
- Emotional symptoms: Symptoms affecting the emotions.
- Epilepsy: Paroxysmal transient disturbances of brain function that may manifest as loss of consciousness, abnormal motor phenomena
- Irritability: Excessive feelings of annoyance or frustration.
- Lead poisoning: A type of heavy metal poisoning caused by excessive exposure to lead.
- Mania: Inappropriately euphoric mood usually with hyperactivity and other symptoms.
- Mild Traumatic Brain Injury: Mild brain injury caused by trauma, accident or injury
- Mood disorders: Disorders that affect a persons mood
- Organic personality syndrome: Persistant personality changes due to physical causes such as a chemical imbalance rather than psychiatric causes. The duration and severity of the condition is determined by the nature and location of the cause.
- Personality symptoms: Symptoms or changes to the personality.
- Physical addiction: Physical addiction refers to the compulsive need for a drug or substance in order to prevent the withdrawal symptoms (physical and/or psychological) or due to increased tolerance to the effects of the substance.
- Premenstrual dysphoric disorder: Premenstrual dysphoric disorder is a diagnosis used to indicate serious premenstrual distress with associated deterioration in functioning.
- Psychiatric symptom: Psychiatric mental health symptoms such as psychosis.
- Psychological addiction: Psychological addiction refers to the lack of willpower in fighting against a compulsive need for something i.e. a mental dependence rather than a physical dependence. The addiction stems from psychological or emotional factors. Psychological addictions may involve addictions to drugs, sex, shopping and just about anything else. A person finds themselves unable to resist the source of their addiction.
- Severe depression:
- Smoking Cessation:
- Society problems: Difficulty interacting in society.
- Stress: Emotional stress (sometimes refers to physical stress)
- Temporal lobe epilepsy: A condition which is characterized by complex partial seizures
- Tuberous sclerosis: A rare genetic disorder characterized by harmartomatous skin nodules, seizures, phakomata and bone lesions.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Anger:
The following list of conditions
have 'Anger' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Anger or choose View All.
» Next page: Angina
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: