Glossary for Ankle pain
Medical terms related to Ankle pain or mentioned in this section include:
- Achilles tendinitis: A condition which is characterized by inflammation and tenderness located in the Achilles tendon of the leg
- Achilles tendon bursitis: Achilles tendon bursitis is the inflammation of the large tendon situated behind the ankle.
- Ankle bruise: A haematoma that occurs at the ankle.
- Ankle conditions: Conditions that affect the ankle
- Ankle fracture: Ankle fracture refers to a broken bone in the ankle.
- Ankle injuries: Injury to the ankle
- Ankle numbness: A loss of sensation located at or around the ankle region of the foot.
- Ankle pain: Pain affecting the ankle joint
- Ankle pain in children: Ankle pain in children is any discomfort or pain in the ankle of a child.
- Ankle pain on both sides: Ankle pain on both sides refers to pain or discomfort in both ankles.
- Ankle pain on one side: Ankle pain on one side is a condition in which there is discomfort or pain in one ankle.
- Ankle paresthesia (tingling): A loss of sensation located at or around the ankle region of the foot.
- Ankle sprain: Damage to the ankle ligaments.
- Ankle symptoms: Symptoms affecting the ankle
- Ankylosing Spondylitis: A form of chronic inflammation of the spine which may also affect joints in the shoulder, hip, neck, ribs and jaw. May result in loss of mobility. Also called Marie-Strumpell disease.
- Arm symptoms: Symptoms affecting the arm
- Arthritis: A condition which is characterized by the inflammation of a joint
- Body symptoms: Symptoms affecting the entire body features.
- Brain -- bone -- fat: A rare inherited disease characterized by bone cysts and progressive presenile dementia.
- Brain symptoms: Symptoms affecting the brain
- Bursitis: inflammation of one or more bursae (small sacs) of synovial fluid in the body.
- Carnevale-Canun-Mendoza syndrome: A rare disorder characterized by loss of bone tissue in the wrists and ankles as well as kidney problems.
- Cauda equina syndrome: Is a neurological syndrome which occurs when a vertebral disc protrudes and compresses the spinal cord.
- Circulation symptoms: Symptoms affecting the circulatory system
- Common symptoms: The most common symptoms
- Epiphyseal dysplasia, multiple, 2: Abnormalities in the ends of a number of bones resulting in the early onset of osteoarthrosis and joint pain. It is caused by a defect in the COL9A2 gene.
- Erythema nodosum: Allergic skin condition usually on the legs
- Fairbank disease: A rare inherited disorder that affects the secondary growth centers of bones usually in the hips, knees and ankles and results in mild dwarfism.
- Foot symptoms: Symptoms affecting one or both feet
- Fractures: Breakage of bones
- Gout: Painful joints, most commonly the big toe.
- Gradual onset of ankle pain: Gradual onset of ankle pain is the slow development of any type of discomfort in the ankle.
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Intermittent ankle pain: Intermittent ankle pain is sporadic discomfort in the ankle.
- Joint injury -- ankle: An injury to the ankle which is the joint between the foot and lower leg. Severity of symptoms varies depending on the type and severity of the injury and often the primary symptom is pain. An ankle injury can involve damage to the bones, ligaments or other tissues of the joint. The injury may be acute (e.g. trauma) or chronic (e.g. overuse).
- Joint pain: Pain affecting the joints
- Joint symptoms: Symptoms affecting the joints.
- Leg symptoms: Symptoms affecting the leg
- Limb symptoms: Symptoms affecting the limbs
- Lower leg symptoms: Symptoms affecting the lower legs, calves and shins.
- Musculoskeletal symptoms: Symptoms affecting muscles or bones of the skeleton.
- Nerve conditions: Any condition that affects the nerves
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Neurological symptoms: Any symptoms that are caused by neurological conditions
- Obesity: Excessive body weight especially fat.
- Osteoarthritis: A form of degenerative arthritis due to chronic degeneration
- Osteochondritis Dissecans: A rare condition caused by an interruption of the blood supply to section of bone in a joint which can result in a piece of bone breaking off and causing pain. The knee is most often affected but it can occur in ankles and elbows.
- Pain: Any type of pain sensation symptoms.
- Pain Disorder: Somatoform disorder causing pain
- Physical inactivity: When an individual is physically inactive
- Rheumatoid arthritis: An autoimmune inflammatory condition which primarily affects the joints
- Ruptured achilles tendon: Rupture (break) in the achilles tendon
- Sensations: Changes to sensations or the senses
- Sensory symptoms: Symptoms affecting the sensory systems.
- Singh-Williams-McAlister, syndrome: A rare syndrome characterized mainly by the resorption of certain bones (ankles, knees and wrists). Swelling an pain also occur in the affected bones.
- Skeletal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skeletal system such as the bones.
- Spinal stenosis: Narrowing of the spinal cavity around the spinal cord.
- Spondylolisthesis: forward slippage of one vertebra over another.
- Sprain: an injury which occurs to ligaments caused by a sudden overstretching.
- Sudden onset of ankle pain: Sudden onset of ankle pain refers to the rapid development of ankle discomfort.
- Talo-patello-scaphoid osteolysis, synovitis, and short fourth metacarpals: A rare condition characterized mainly by the loss of bone in the knee, ankle and wrist joints.
- Tarsal Fusion: A medical term for the abnormal fusion of two or more tarsal bones to make a single bone. The tarsal bones are the bones that make up the hindfoot.
- Tarsal Synostosis: A medical term for the abnormal fusion of two or more tarsal bones to make a single bone. The tarsal bones are the bones that make up the hindfoot.
- Tendinitis: a painful inflammation of a tendon
- Yersiniosis: A condition which is characterized by infectious diarrhea, enteritis, ileitis and occasionally septicaemia
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Ankle pain:
The following list of conditions
have 'Ankle pain' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Ankle pain or choose View All.
Conditions listing medical complications: Ankle pain:
The following list of medical conditions have 'Ankle pain'
or similar listed as a medical complication in our database.
» Next page: Join in at the forums
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: