Glossary for Anxiety and stress
Medical terms related to Anxiety and stress or mentioned in this section include:
- Adult respiratory distress syndrome: A condition which is characterized by fulminant pulmonary interstitial alveolar oedema.
- Anaphylaxis: An immediate hypersensitivity reaction due to the exposure of a specific antigen to a sensitized individual
- Angina Pectoris: severe chest pain due to ischemia
- Angina pectoris: severe chest pain due to ischemia
- Anxiety: Excessive worry, anxiety, or fear.
- Anxiety conditions: Medical conditions related to anxiety, fear, and panic.
- Anxiety disorder: A mental condition that is characterized by anxiety and avoidance behaviours
- Asthma: A condition which is characterized by recurrent attacks of paroxysmal dyspnoea
- Autonomic Dysreflexia: Autonomic dysreflexia is a condition characterized by instability of the autonomic nervous system and often results in sudden high blood pressure.
- Autonomic hyperreflexia: Autonomic hyperreflexia is a serious reaction of the involuntary nervous system to overstimulation that may include symptoms, such as hypertension, heart rate changes and excessive sweating.
- Breath symptoms: Breath-related symptoms including breath odor
- COPD: Severe obstruction of bronchial air flow typically from bronchitis and/or emphysema.
- Cardiogenic shock: an inadequate circulation of blood due to primary failure of the ventricles of the heart to function effectively
- Heart attack: An acute myocardial infarction
- Lung symptoms: Symptoms affecting one or both lungs.
- Myocardial infarction: blood supply to part of the heart is interrupted
- Pneumonia: Lung infection or inflammation (as a symptom)
- Pneumothorax: pneumothorax is the collection of air in the space around the lungs and chest wall
- Pulmonary edema: A condition which is characterized by engorgement of the pulmonary vessels and transudation of fluid into the alveoli
- Respiratory symptoms: Symptoms affecting the breathing systems.
- Selye syndrome: A condition associated with prolonged extreme stress. The stressing agent may include such things as exposure to cold, starvation, death of someone close or work stress.
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
- Stress: Emotional stress (sometimes refers to physical stress)
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Anxiety and stress:
The following list of conditions
have 'Anxiety and stress' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Anxiety and stress or choose View All.
» Next page: Anxiety disorder
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: