Glossary for Anxiety disorder
Medical terms related to Anxiety disorder or mentioned in this section include:
- Agitation: A state of increased tension with episodes of emotional and physical irritability.
- Alcohol-Induced Disorders: Disorders caused by excessive alcohol consumption. The symptoms are variable depending on the disorder involved. Some of the disorders are: alcohol abuse, alcohol dependence, alcohol intoxication, alcohol withdrawal, alcohol intoxication delirium, alcohol withdrawal delirium, alcohol-induced persisting dementia, alcohol-induced persisting amnestic disorder, alcohol-induced psychotic disorder, alcohol-induced mood disorder, alcohol-induced anxiety disorder, alcohol-induced sexual dysfunction, alcohol-induced sleep disorder, liver damage, liver cancer and esophageal cancer.
- Anaphylaxis: An immediate hypersensitivity reaction due to the exposure of a specific antigen to a sensitized individual
- Anxiety: Excessive worry, anxiety, or fear.
- Anxiety conditions: Medical conditions related to anxiety, fear, and panic.
- Anxiety disorder: A mental condition that is characterized by anxiety and avoidance behaviours
- Anxiety disorder in pregnancy: Anxiety disorder in pregnancy causes a feeling of distress and apprehension usually related to the fear of a situation either real or imagined. Some physiological causes exist, and symptoms may be physical or psychological.
- Asthma: A condition which is characterized by recurrent attacks of paroxysmal dyspnoea
- Behavioral symptoms: Symptoms of personal behavior.
- Body symptoms: Symptoms affecting the entire body features.
- Chest pain: Any chest pain must be considered as cardiac in origin until proven otherwise.
- Common symptoms: The most common symptoms
- Concussion: Brain injury causing loss of consciousness and bruising of the brain
- Congenital heart defects: Heart defects that a baby is born with.
- Congenital heart disease: Diseases of the heart that one is born with
- Depressive symptoms: Inappropriate depressed mood.
- Emotional symptoms: Symptoms affecting the emotions.
- Fear: Excessive feelings of fear.
- Generalised anxiety disorder: anxiety is a feeling of apprehension or fear
- Generalized anxiety disorder: Excessive anxiety and worrying.
- Gulf War syndrome: Syndrome in military veterans of the Gulf war
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Heart failure: A condition which is characterized by an inability of the heart to pump blood efficiently and effectively
- Hyperthyroidism: The excessive activity of the thyroid gland
- Hypoglycemia: Low blood sugar levels
- Mitral-valve prolapse: A common heart condition that is often harmless.
- Mood disorders: Disorders that affect a persons mood
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Nervousness: Nervous or overly anxious mental state
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder: Behavioral disorder with obsessive thoughts and compulsive acts.
- Panic disorder: is a severe medical condition characterized by extremely elevated mood
- Parkinson disease 7, autosomal recessive, early-onset: A recessively inherited form of Parkinson's disease caused by a mutation in the DJ1 gene on chromosome 1p36. Disease progression tends to be slow.
- Personality symptoms: Symptoms or changes to the personality.
- Pheochromocytoma: pheochromocytoma is a rare tumor that usually starts in the cells of the adrenal glands
- Phobia: An irrational intense fear of an activity, thing or place
- Phobias: Irrational fear of a particular situation, action, or item.
- Phobic disorder: A persistent and abnormal dread or fear.
- Pneumothorax: pneumothorax is the collection of air in the space around the lungs and chest wall
- Post-traumatic stress disorder: Stress following a traumatic event.
- Psychiatric symptom: Psychiatric mental health symptoms such as psychosis.
- Psychological disorders: Any condition that affects ones mind
- Pulmonary embolism: The occurrence of an embolism which blocks blood vessels in the lungs
- Respiratory symptoms: Symptoms affecting the breathing systems.
- Sadness: feeling of melancholy
- Shock: Physical and mental reaction to reduced circulation
- Society problems: Difficulty interacting in society.
- Syncope: Loss or interruption of consciousness.
- Velocardiofacial syndrome: A genetic disorder which can present with a wide range of phenotypic manifestations which has lead to a number of different names being assigned to the various presentations e.g. DiGeorge Syndrome and Cayler Anomaly Face Syndrome. There are nearly 200 different symptoms that can occur and the severity of the condition is also highly variable depending on the nature and severity of the symptoms that are present.
- WAGR Syndrome: A syndrome that is due to the deletion of chromosome 11.
- Wilms tumor -- aniridia -- genitourinary anomalies -- mental retardation: A syndrome resulting from deletion of genetic material from chromosome the short arm of chromosome 11 (11p13). The characteristic symptoms are partial or complete absence of iris, genitourinary anomalies, mental retardation and Wilms' tumor. The specific range and severity of symptoms is variable depending on the size and exact location of the genetic material that is missing.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Anxiety disorder:
The following list of conditions
have 'Anxiety disorder' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Anxiety disorder or choose View All.
» Next page: Disease Center Information
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: