Glossary for Axillary lymphadenopathy
Medical terms related to Axillary lymphadenopathy or mentioned in this section include:
- Allergic reaction: A hypersensitivity reaction produced by the body, which results in an exaggerated or inappropriate immune reaction to a particular substance.
- Arm symptoms: Symptoms affecting the arm
- Axillary Swelling: Enlargement, swelling or lump in the axillary (armpit) region.
- Axillary lymphadenopathy in children:
- Breast Cancer: A condition which is characterized by the presence of malignant tissue within breast tissue
- Breast cancer: A condition which is characterized by the presence of malignant tissue within breast tissue
- Brucellosis: An infectious disease caused by the Brucella genus which is transmitted from animals to humans.
- Cat scratch disease: An infectious disease transmitted through a cat's bite, scratch or lick and resulting primarily in lymph node pain and swelling. The condition can be mild or severe.
- Chickenpox: Common viral infection.
- HIV disease:
- HIV/AIDS: HIV is a sexually transmitted virus and AIDS is the progressive immune failure that HIV causes.
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Hodgkin's Disease: A form of cancer that affects the lymphatic system.
- Leg symptoms: Symptoms affecting the leg
- Leukemia: Cancer of the blood cells, usually white blood cells.
- Limb symptoms: Symptoms affecting the limbs
- Lung cancer: Lung cancer is a disease of uncontrolled cell growth in tissues of the lung. This growth may lead to metastasis, which is the invasion of adjacent tissue and infiltration beyond the lungs. Most lung tumors are malignant.
- Lymph symptoms: Symptoms affecting the lymphatic system or lymph nodes
- Lymphadenitis: Inflammation that occurs in the lymph nodes
- Lymphadenopathy: Enlarged lymph glands.
- Lymphoma: Any neoplastic disorder that occurs in lymphoid tissue
- Lymphoma of the breast: Lymphomas of the breast are rare, accounting for 1.7% to 2.2% of extranodal lymphomas and 0.38% to 0.7% of all non-Hodgkin lymphomas. Although secondary breast lymphomas are also rare, they represent the largest group of metastatic tumors of the breast.
- Measles: Once common viral infection now rare due to vaccination.
- Melanoma: Melanoma is the most dangerous type of skin cancer. It is the leading cause of death from skin disease. It involves cells called melanocytes, which produce a skin pigment called melanin. Melanin is responsible for skin and hair color.
- Mononucleosis: Common infectious virus.
- Mumps: An acute viral disease that causes the salivary glands to become swollen, sore and inflamed. Immunization had greatly reduced the incidence of this disease.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: A condition which is any neoplastic disorder of the lymphoid tissue
- Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: A condition which is any neoplastic disorder of the lymphoid tissue
- Painless swelling of a cervical lymph node similar to lymphoma: painless lymphadenopathy
- Painless swelling of one of the cervical lymph nodes: painless lymphadenopathy
- Respiratory symptoms: Symptoms affecting the breathing systems.
- Shingles: Infectious viral infection occuring years after chickenpox infection.
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
- Sporotrichosis: A fungal skin infection caused by the fungus Sporothrix schenckii. Usually only the skin is infected but bones, lungs and central nervous system can rarely be affected also. Transmission usually occurs through infection of a skin wound.
- Swelling symptoms: Symptoms causing swelling or enlargement.
- Underarm pain: A feeling of distress and agony caused by the stimulation of pain nerve endings in the underarm
- Underarm symptoms: Symptoms affecting the underarm area
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Axillary lymphadenopathy:
The following list of conditions
have 'Axillary lymphadenopathy' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Axillary lymphadenopathy or choose View All.
» Next page: Disease Center Information
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: