Glossary for Bacillary angiomatosis
Medical terms related to Bacillary angiomatosis or mentioned in this section include:
- AIDS: A term given to HIV patients who have a low CD4 count (below 200) which means that they have low levels of a type of immune cell called T-cells. AIDS patients tend to develop opportunistic infections and cancers. Opportunistic infections are infections that would not normally affect a person with a healthy immune system. The HIV virus is a virus that attacks the body's immune system.
- Abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the abdomen or digestive tract
- Acute fever in children: Acute fever in children is the sudden onset of a high temperature in children.
- Anorexia: This is known as a lack of or loss of appetite for food
- Armpit lump in children: Armpit lump in children is a mass or growth in the armpit or axilla of a child.
- Axillary Swelling: Enlargement, swelling or lump in the axillary (armpit) region.
- Axillary lump infection: Axillary lump infection is an infected lump or bump in the armpit.
- Azithromycin -- Teratogenic Agent: There is strong evidence to indicate that exposure to Azithromycin during pregnancy may have a teratogenic effect on the fetus. A teratogen is a substance that can cause birth defects. The likelihood and severity of defects may be affected by the level of exposure and the stage of pregnancy that the exposure occurred at.
- Cat scratch disease: An infectious disease transmitted through a cat's bite, scratch or lick and resulting primarily in lymph node pain and swelling. The condition can be mild or severe.
- Clarithromycin -- Teratogenic Agent: There is evidence to indicate that exposure to Clarithromycin (an antibiotic) during pregnancy may have a teratogenic effect on the fetus. A teratogen is a substance that can cause birth defects. The likelihood and severity of defects may be affected by the level of exposure and the stage of pregnancy that the exposure occurred at.
- Von Hippel-Lindau Disease: Genetic disease causing multiple benign tumors
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Bacillary angiomatosis:
The following list of conditions
have 'Bacillary angiomatosis' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Bacillary angiomatosis or choose View All.
» Next page: Back bleeding
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: