Glossary for Back spasm
Medical terms related to Back spasm or mentioned in this section include:
- Arthritis: A condition which is characterized by the inflammation of a joint
- Back conditions: A group of conditions that affect the back
- Back injuries: A term usually used to describe any musculoskeletal back injury - a common workplace occurrence.
- Back pain: Pain in the back region.
- Back symptoms: Symptoms affecting the back
- Backache: The occurrence of the sensation of pain located in the anatomical position of the back
- Brain symptoms: Symptoms affecting the brain
- Buttock spasm: A sudden involuntary contraction of the muscles of the buttocks.
- Discoid eczema: Discoid eczema is a common form of skin inflammation and irritation characterized by its round or oval shape. The size of the lesions may vary from a few millimetres to centimetres across. The cause is unknown but minor injuries such as insect bites may be triggers. The lesions tend to occur most often on the limbs.
- Eczema: Skin rash usually from allergic causes.
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Hypocalcaemia: Decreased concentration of calcium in the blood.
- Injury: Any damage inflicted in the body
- Lordosis: Inward curvature of the spine.
- Movement symptoms: Changes to movement or motor abilities
- Muscle symptoms: Symptoms affecting the muscles of the body
- Musculoskeletal symptoms: Symptoms affecting muscles or bones of the skeleton.
- Nerve compression: Compression of a nerve that becomes trapped in a confined space due to any cause e.g. trauma, inflammation or a disease process. This usually occurs near joints. The resulting pressure on the nerve can be very painful and if left untreated can result in damage to the nerve and eventually muscle weakness and wasting. Conditions such as bone spurs, joint swelling due to injury, cysts and trauma can result in nerve entrapment. The exact symptoms will depend on which nerve is trapped and the duration and severity of the entrapment.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Neurological symptoms: Any symptoms that are caused by neurological conditions
- Sciatica: neuralgia along the nerve course of the sciatic nerve
- Seizures: Uncontrolled physical movements
- Sensations: Changes to sensations or the senses
- Spasms: Involuntary muscle movements without full control.
- Spondylosis: Spinal degeneration of the discs or spinal joints
- Swelling symptoms: Symptoms causing swelling or enlargement.
- Tumor: Abnormal tissue growth which may be malignant or benign.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Back spasm:
The following list of conditions
have 'Back spasm' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Back spasm or choose View All.
» Next page: Join in at the forums
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: