Glossary for Beaked nails
Medical terms related to Beaked nails or mentioned in this section include:
- Beaked fingernails: Beaked fingernails refer to nails that curve over the top of the end of the finger.
- Beaked fingernails in the elderly: Beaked fingernails in the elderly refer to nails that curve over the top of the end of the finger of an older person.
- Beaked nails in the elderly: Beaked nails in the elderly refer to nails that curve over the top of the end of the digit of an older person.
- Beaked toenails: Beaked toenails refer to nails that curve over the top of the end of the toe.
- Beaked toenails in the elderly: Beaked toenails in the elderly refer to nails that curve over the top of the end of the toe of an older person.
- Behavioral symptoms: Symptoms of personal behavior.
- Body symptoms: Symptoms affecting the entire body features.
- Hyperparathyroidism: Increased secretion of parathyroid hormone from the parathyroid glands.
- Kidney failure: The inability of the kidney to function correctly in its function of excreting metabolites from the blood
- Psoriasis: Psoriasis is an inflammatory skin condition where the defective immune system causes skin cells to grow rapidly. It affects a significant number of people. Arthritis, which can be severe, is associated with the psoriasis in up to a third of cases. Not all patients who are susceptible to the condition will develop it - roughly 10% of those susceptible will actually develop the condition. There are various environmental factors which can trigger the onset of the disease e.g. strep throat (common trigger), some medication, stress and cold weather. Once the disease develops, it may resolve on its own or with treatment or may become a persistent chronic condition. The severity and duration of symptoms is variable.
- Renal failure: A condition characterized by a failure of the kidney to excrete toxic metabolites from the body
- Scleroderma, systemic: A rare autoimmune connective tissue disease where the body attacks parts of the body and causes scarring and thickness of the tissue. In the systemic form, the skin and organs are involved.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Beaked nails:
The following list of conditions
have 'Beaked nails' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Beaked nails or choose View All.
» Next page: Beaked nails in the elderly
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: