Glossary for Bone infection
Medical terms related to Bone infection or mentioned in this section include:
- Aspergillosis: Infection with a fungus called Aspergillus.
- Bone conditions: Conditions that affect the bones
- Bone pain: Pain affecting the bones
- Bone symptoms: Symptoms affecting the body's bones
- Dermatomyositis: A muscle disease characterized by chronic muscle inflammation resulting in progressive muscle weakness and a characteristic rash.
- Disseminated infection with mycobacterium avium complex: Mycobacterium avium complex is an opportunistic bacterium which tends to occur mainly in patients with advanced AIDS. The infection can spread throughout the body and result in such things as blood infections.
- Duputyren's contracture:
- Infection: Infections as a symptom.
- Invasive candidiasis: Severe fungal infection usually in immunocompromised persons
- Joint symptoms: Symptoms affecting the joints.
- Lupus: chronic autoimmune disease that can be fatal, though with recent medical advances, fatalities are becoming increasingly rare.
- Mucopolysaccharidoses: A lysosomal storage disorder that is caused by a deficiency of the ability to metabolise glycosaminoglycans
- Mycetoma: Mycetoma is a mass or growth caused by a fungal infection.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Osteoarthritis: A form of degenerative arthritis due to chronic degeneration
- Pseudogout: A condition which is characterized by an acute inflammatory arthropathy caused by calcium pyrophosphate crystals
- Rheumatoid arthritis: An autoimmune inflammatory condition which primarily affects the joints
- Scleroderma, systemic: A rare autoimmune connective tissue disease where the body attacks parts of the body and causes scarring and thickness of the tissue. In the systemic form, the skin and organs are involved.
- Sensations: Changes to sensations or the senses
- Skeletal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skeletal system such as the bones.
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
- Systemic lupus erythematosus: chronic autoimmune disease that can be fatal, though with recent medical advances, fatalities are becoming increasingly rare.
- Temperature symptoms: Abnormalities of body temperature including fever.
- Wegener's granulomatosis: A rare disease involving blood vessel inflammation which can affect the blood flow to various tissues and organs and hence cause damage. The respiratory system and the kidneys are the main systems affected.
- Yaws: A rare infections disease caused by the spiral-shaped bacteria Treponema pertenue. The disease consists of three phases: skin lesions are followed by bone, joint and widespread skin symptoms and finally by inflammation and destruction of cartilage in the nose, pharynx and palate. Transmission can be through direct contact with infected skin, insect bites or sex.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Bone infection:
The following list of conditions
have 'Bone infection' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Bone infection or choose View All.
Conditions listing medical complications: Bone infection:
The following list of medical conditions have 'Bone infection'
or similar listed as a medical complication in our database.
» Next page: Bone inflammation
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: