Glossary for Bone inflammation
Medical terms related to Bone inflammation or mentioned in this section include:
- Arthritis-like symptoms: A condition which is characterized by symptoms which mimic that of arthritis
- Bone conditions: Conditions that affect the bones
- Bone pain: Pain affecting the bones
- Bone symptoms: Symptoms affecting the body's bones
- CRMO, juvenile: A rare chronic inflammatory bone disease that occurs in children. The symptoms go into periods of remission only to return. The most common sites for the inflammation are the shinbone, thighbone and collarbone with usually several sites being affected at once.
- Chronic recurrent multifocal osteomyelitis: A rare chronic inflammatory bone disease that occurs in children. The symptoms go into periods of remission only to return. The most common sites for the inflammation are the shinbone, thighbone and collarbone with usually several sites being affected at once.
- Dermatomyositis: A muscle disease characterized by chronic muscle inflammation resulting in progressive muscle weakness and a characteristic rash.
- Duputyren's contracture:
- Inflammatory symptoms: Symptoms related to inflammation.
- Joint symptoms: Symptoms affecting the joints.
- Lupus: chronic autoimmune disease that can be fatal, though with recent medical advances, fatalities are becoming increasingly rare.
- Majeed syndrome: A rare syndrome characterized by blood abnormality and recurring bone infections.
- McCune-Albright Syndrome: A rare genetic multisystem disorder characterized by abnormal skin pigmentation and endocrine gland dysfunction and replacement of parts of bone tissue with fibrous material.
- Mucopolysaccharidoses: A lysosomal storage disorder that is caused by a deficiency of the ability to metabolise glycosaminoglycans
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Osteitis: Inflammation of bone.
- Osteoarthritis: A form of degenerative arthritis due to chronic degeneration
- Osteomyelitis: An infection that occurs in bone
- Paget's disease of bone: A chronic, slowly progressing bone disorder where the bone is destroyed rapidly and replaced by abnormal bone which is dense and fragile.
- Pseudogout: A condition which is characterized by an acute inflammatory arthropathy caused by calcium pyrophosphate crystals
- Rheumatoid arthritis: An autoimmune inflammatory condition which primarily affects the joints
- SAPHO syndrome: A rare disorder involving skin (acne, pustulosis), bone (hyperostosis, osteitis) and joint problems.
- Scleroderma, systemic: A rare autoimmune connective tissue disease where the body attacks parts of the body and causes scarring and thickness of the tissue. In the systemic form, the skin and organs are involved.
- Sensations: Changes to sensations or the senses
- Skeletal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skeletal system such as the bones.
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
- Swelling symptoms: Symptoms causing swelling or enlargement.
- Swollen bone: Enlarged, swollen, or misshapen bones
- Systemic lupus erythematosus: chronic autoimmune disease that can be fatal, though with recent medical advances, fatalities are becoming increasingly rare.
- Wegener's granulomatosis: A rare disease involving blood vessel inflammation which can affect the blood flow to various tissues and organs and hence cause damage. The respiratory system and the kidneys are the main systems affected.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Bone inflammation:
The following list of conditions
have 'Bone inflammation' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Bone inflammation or choose View All.
» Next page: Bone loss
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: