Glossary for Carcinoid tumor
Medical terms related to Carcinoid tumor or mentioned in this section include:
- APUDoma: An endocrine tumor arising from APUD (amine precursor uptake and decarboxylation) cells. Often occurs in the pancreas, prostate and ampulla of Vater. As the tumor can arise in a variety of parts of the body, the symptoms will depend on the location of the tumor and the amount and type of hormone secreted e.g. insulinoma, gastrinoma.
- Carcinoid: A carcinoid tumor is a type of neuroendocrine tumor which tends to occur in the lungs or gastrointestinal tract. Symptoms will vary depending on the location of the tumor.
- Carcinoid syndrome: Carcinoid heart disease is a rare, metastatic disease that occurs predominantly in the right heart. The tricuspid and pulmonic valves are affected, leading to right heart failure, which results in increased morbidity and mortality.
- Tumor: Abnormal tissue growth which may be malignant or benign.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Carcinoid tumor:
The following list of conditions
have 'Carcinoid tumor' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Carcinoid tumor or choose View All.
» Next page: Disease Center Information
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: