Glossary for Chest rash
Medical terms related to Chest rash or mentioned in this section include:
- Arm rash: An eruption on the skin of the arm.
- Atopic dermatitis: Skin rash usually from allergic causes.
- Bacterial meningitis: Bacterial meningitis is a form of meningitis caused by bacteria that normally lives in the mouth and throat. When the immune system is unable to supress this bacteria, it travels to the cerebrospinal spinal fluid in the brain. From there it affects the membranes surrounding the brain.
- Calf rash: An eruption on the skin of the ankle.
- Chest conditions: Any condition affecting the chest
- Chest discomfort: The sensation of discomfort that is located in the chest
- Chest itch: A sensation that causes a desire to scratch the skin of the chest
- Chest pain: Any chest pain must be considered as cardiac in origin until proven otherwise.
- Chest rash in children: A chest rash in children includes eruptions or a reaction of the skin in a child.
- Chest symptoms: Symptoms affecting the chest region.
- Chickenpox: Common viral infection.
- Contact dermatitis: Skin reaction to an irritant
- Cradle Cap: Common scalp condition in babies
- Dandruff: Scaly and dry material that is shed from the scalp
- Discoid eczema: Discoid eczema is a common form of skin inflammation and irritation characterized by its round or oval shape. The size of the lesions may vary from a few millimetres to centimetres across. The cause is unknown but minor injuries such as insect bites may be triggers. The lesions tend to occur most often on the limbs.
- Dry skin: Dryness, cracking or scaling of the skin.
- Eczema: Skin rash usually from allergic causes.
- Erythema nodosum: Allergic skin condition usually on the legs
- Finger rash: Finger rash is change of the skin which affects its color, appearance or texture.
- Forehead rash: Raised erythematous lesions seen on the forehead.
- Groin rash: Change of the skin which affects its colour, appearance or texture in the groin area.
- HIV/AIDS: HIV is a sexually transmitted virus and AIDS is the progressive immune failure that HIV causes.
- Heat rash: Skin rash due to hot and humid weather
- Ichthyosis: Fish-like scaly dry skin areas
- Measles: Once common viral infection now rare due to vaccination.
- Melanoma: Melanoma is the most dangerous type of skin cancer. It is the leading cause of death from skin disease. It involves cells called melanocytes, which produce a skin pigment called melanin. Melanin is responsible for skin and hair color.
- Pyoderma Gangrenosum: A rare inflammatory skin disorder characterized by small red bumps or blisters which eventually become ulcerated.
- Q fever: A disease caused by Coxiella burnetti which causes fever, headache and muscle pain.
- Rash: Rash of any type affecting the skin.
- Skin problems: Any condition that affects the skin
- Skin rash: Change in the skin which affects the color, appearance or texture.
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
- Stasis dermatitis:
- Stomach Rash: Rash occurring on the stomach.
- Syphilis: A sexually transmitted disease caused by a bacteria (Treponema pallidum). The condition is often asymptomatic in the early stages but one or more sores may be present in the early stages. Untreated syphilis usually results in remission of visible symptoms but further severe damage may occur to internal organs and other body tissues which can result in death.
- Typhoid fever: Fever from bacterial food poisoning.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Chest rash:
The following list of conditions
have 'Chest rash' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Chest rash or choose View All.
» Next page: Chest rash in children
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: