Glossary for Chills with fever
Medical terms related to Chills with fever or mentioned in this section include:
- Anthrax: A serious infectious bacterial disease that can be fatal.
- Chills: Excessive feeling of coldness.
- Cholangitis: bile duct inflammation (cholangitis)
- Digestive symptoms: Any symptoms affecting the digestive tract.
- Ear infection: Infection of the ear - may involve the middle and inner ear.
- Fever: Raised body temperature usually with other symptoms.
- Flu-like symptoms: Symptoms similar to flu including fever
- Heart symptoms: Symptoms affecting the heart
- Hemolytic anemia: A condition which is characterized by anaemia due to the destruction of red blood cells
- Infective endocarditis: The infection and inflammation of the inner heart layers, especially the valves. The infection is usually bacterial. The condition carries a high risk of death.
- Legionnaires' disease: A severe respiratory disease which is caused by the Legionella pneumophila bacteria. The condition can result in pneumonia and can be life-threatening.
- Lymphangitis: Inflammation of a lymph node or lymphatic vessel.
- Malaria: A parasitic disease transmitted through mosquito bites.
- Middle ear infection: An infection which occurs in the middle ear
- Mouth symptoms: Symptoms of the mouth or oral area.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Pneumonia: Lung infection or inflammation (as a symptom)
- Pyelonephritis: Any inflammation of the kidney
- Rocky Mountain spotted fever: A bacterial disease caused by Rickettsia rickettsii and transmitted by ticks. The condition causes fever and a characteristic rash and may be fatal in severe or untreated cases.
- Sensations: Changes to sensations or the senses
- Septic shock: serious medical condition caused by decreased tissue perfusion and oxygen delivery as a result of infection and sepsis, though the microbe may be systemic or localized to a particular site
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
- Type A influenza subtype H1: The H1 subtype of influenza is a strain of the type A influenza virus that can cause cause serious illness and result in pandemics. Influenza is viral respiratory infection. The virus is very contagious and can cause severe illness especially in patients who are very young or old or have some other medical condition as well. The severity of symptoms can vary but usually involves respiratory and constitutional (e.g. headache, aching muscles) symptoms. The influenza virus can mutate and produce different strains though the symptoms are the same. This frequent mutation means that people need regular vaccinations to ensure they are protected against new strains as they arise.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Chills with fever:
The following list of conditions
have 'Chills with fever' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Chills with fever or choose View All.
» Next page: Chin bleeding
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: