Glossary for Choanal stenosis or atresia in children
Medical terms related to Choanal stenosis or atresia in children or mentioned in this section include:
- Antley-Bixler Syndrome: A rare genetic disorder characterized by premature closing of skull bones, choanal atresia and craniofacial and limb abnormalities.
- Bamforth syndrome: A rare syndrome characterized mainly by the association of an abnormal opening in the roof of the mouth and reduced thyroid functioning.
- Breath symptoms: Breath-related symptoms including breath odor
- Breathing symptoms: Symptoms affecting the breathing systems.
- CHARGE Syndrome: A rare disorder characterized by choanal atresia, coloboma, ear and genital abnormalities and congenital heart defects.
- Cat Eye Syndrome: A rare chromosomal disorder involving abnormalities of chromosome 22 and characterized by coloboma of the iris, down-slanting palpebral fissures and anal atresia.
- Child health symptoms: Symptoms related to pediatric (child) health.
- Chordoma: Chordomas are tumors originating from embryonic remnants of the primitive notochord
- Crouzon Syndrome: A condition which is characterized by craniofacial dysostosis
- Deformity symptoms: Various types of deformity
- Face symptoms: Symptoms affecting the face
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Marshall-Smith Syndrome: A rare genetic disorder characterized by accelerated growth and maturation, shallow orbits and broad middle bones of fingers.
- Mouth symptoms: Symptoms of the mouth or oral area.
- Pfeiffer syndrome: A rare genetic disorder where some of the skull bones fuse too early which affects the size and shape of the skull and face. Thumb and toe abnormalities are also present. There are three types of Pfeiffer syndrome with varying degrees of severity.
- Respiratory symptoms: Symptoms affecting the breathing systems.
- Schinzel Giedion Syndrome: A rare genetic disorder characterized by many skeletal and genital anomalies, unusual face, mental retardation and kidney malformations.
- Skeletal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skeletal system such as the bones.
- Skull symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skull surrounding the brain.
- Stenosis: Abnormal narrowing of a passage or opening.
- Teratoma: A neoplasm made up of different types of tissue
- Throat symptoms: Symptoms affecting the throat
- Treacher-Collins Syndrome: A rare genetic disorder characterized by malar hypoplasia, down-slanting palpebral fissures, defect of lower eye lid and malformation of external ear.
- Velocardiofacial syndrome: A genetic disorder which can present with a wide range of phenotypic manifestations which has lead to a number of different names being assigned to the various presentations e.g. DiGeorge Syndrome and Cayler Anomaly Face Syndrome. There are nearly 200 different symptoms that can occur and the severity of the condition is also highly variable depending on the nature and severity of the symptoms that are present.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Choanal stenosis or atresia in children:
The following list of conditions
have 'Choanal stenosis or atresia in children' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Choanal stenosis or atresia in children or choose View All.
» Next page: Choking
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: