Glossary for Chronic abdominal pain in adolescents
Medical terms related to Chronic abdominal pain in adolescents or mentioned in this section include:
- Abdominal Pain: Pain in the abdominal area or stomach.
- Abdominal pain: Pain in the abdominal area or stomach.
- Abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the abdomen or digestive tract
- Addison's Disease: A rare progressive hormonal disorder characterized by insufficient production of certain hormones called adrenal corticosteroids.
- Adolescent conditions: Symptoms that are evident due to puberty
- Adrenal gland symptoms: Symptoms affecting the adrenal glands
- Body symptoms: Symptoms affecting the entire body features.
- Capillaria philippiensis infection: A fish borne parasite that can infect humans. Transmission most often occurs through ingestion of contaminated fish. Severity of symptoms tend to increase as the number of worms multiply in the intestines. Death can occur if the condition is left untreated.
- Constipation: Hardness of stool or difficulty or inability to pass feces.
- Cystic Fibrosis: Cystic fibrosis is a hereditary disease affecting the exocrine (mucus) glands of the lungs, liver, pancreas, and intestines, causing progressive disability due to multisystem failure.
- Digestive symptoms: Any symptoms affecting the digestive tract.
- Gastritis: gastritis is inflammation of the gastric mucosa of the stomach
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease: Heartburn is a burning sensation experienced behind the breastbone in the upper chest due to regurgitation of stomach contents.
- Headache-free migraine: A syndrome with no headache but other migraine-like symptoms
- Heartburn: Heartburn is a burning sensation experienced behind the breastbone in the upper chest due to regurgitation of stomach contents.
- Hiatal hernia: Hernia of the stomach through the diaphragm muscle.
- Hiatus hernia: is a protrusion of the upper part of the stomach into the thoracic cavity through a tear or weakness in the diaphragm, the most common type being sliding hiatus hernia
- Inflammatory bowel disease: Inflammatory bowel disease refers to digestive symptoms resulting from chronic bowel inflammation. Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis are two of the main subtypes of the disease. Scientists have discovered an array of genetic mutations which can result in an increased susceptibility to inflammatory bowel disease. Not all people with the genetic anomaly will develop the condition but it can increase the risk especially if other environmental factors are also present. The severity of the disease that develops is variable.
- Irritable bowel syndrome: A chronic non inflammatory disease with a psychophysiologic basis
- Lower abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the lower abdominal region.
- Malabsorption: Dysfunctional absorption
- Mittelschmerz: Mid-cycle abdominal pain due to ovulation
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Pain: Any type of pain sensation symptoms.
- Pain Disorder: Somatoform disorder causing pain
- Recurrent abdominal pain in adolescents: Recurrent abdominal pain in adolescents refers to an adolescent who has repeated episodes of abdominal discomfort.
- Superior mesenteric artery syndrome: A rare condition where the third portion of the duodenum is compressed between two large blood vessels - the aorta and superior mesenteric artery.
- Wilson's Disease: Wilson disease, or hepatolenticular degeneration, is a neurodegenerative disease of copper metabolism.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Chronic abdominal pain in adolescents:
The following list of conditions
have 'Chronic abdominal pain in adolescents' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Chronic abdominal pain in adolescents or choose View All.