Glossary for Coarse body hair
Medical terms related to Coarse body hair or mentioned in this section include:
- Acetazolamide -- Teratogenic Agent: Experimental studies on mice, rats and rabbits indicate that the use of Acetazolamide during pregnancy may cause various harmful effects on the fetus. The likelihood and severity of symptoms may be affected by the level of exposure and the stage of pregnancy that the exposure occurred at. The effect on human fetuses has not been conclusively determined.
- Amenorrhea: Absence of menstrual periods.
- Body pain: A symptom which is due to the sensation of pain throughout the body
- Body symptoms: Symptoms affecting the entire body features.
- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia: A condition where excessive secretion of adrenocortical androgens cause a somatic masculization or ?virilization? effect on a fetus or baby. Symptoms in girls may include masculization of sex organs, low voice, acne, amenorrhea and masculine hair distribution and muscle growth. Symptoms in boys include enlarged penis, small testes. Children with the condition are usually taller than average but develop into short adults. Also called adrenogenital syndrome or adrenal virilism.
- Face symptoms: Symptoms affecting the face
- Female genital symptoms: Symptoms affecting the female genital organs.
- Female sexual symptoms: Symptoms of the female sexual organs.
- Genital symptoms: Symptoms affecting the sex organs.
- Hair conditions: Any disorder the affects the hair
- Hair symptoms: Symptoms affecting the hair
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Hirsutism: A condition which is characterized by excessive body and facial hair
- Hirsutism in children: Hirsutism in children refers to a girl who has an excessive growth of dark hair in unusual places on a female's body, such as on the face.
- Penicillamine -- Teratogenic Agent: There is evidence to indicate that exposure to Penicillamine during pregnancy may have a teratogenic effect on the fetus. A teratogen is a substance that can cause birth defects. The likelihood and severity of defects may be affected by the level of exposure and the stage of pregnancy that the exposure occurred at.
- Perimenopause: The start of onset of menopause
- Polycystic ovary syndrome: Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is an endocrine disorder that affects approximately 5% of all women.
- Possible human carcinogenic exposure -- Phenytoin: Some evidence indicates that exposure to Phenytoin (an anticonvulsant medication) has a possible link to an increased risk of developing cancer in humans. The carcinogenicity of the substance may be influenced by the duration and level of exposure.
- Sertoli-leydig cell tumors: A rare form of ovarian cancer where excessive male sex hormones are produced by the cancerous cells.
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Coarse body hair:
The following list of conditions
have 'Coarse body hair' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Coarse body hair or choose View All.
» Next page: Coarse crackles
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: