Diagnostic Tests for Cold hands
Diagnostic Test list for Cold hands:
The list of diagnostic tests
mentioned in various sources as
used in the diagnosis of Cold hands
- Physical examination
- Temperature, Blood pressure and pulse rate to assess possible shock
- Examine cardiovascular system for signs of left ventricular failure and shock
- Examine for signs of acute arterial occlusion of major peripheral artery e.g. arm and hand pallor, lack of sensation to light touch, motor paralysis, gangrene
- Presence of a cervical rib (extra upper rib) that can cause subclavian artery compression, aneurysm and peripheral microemboli to small arteries
- Examine for signs of peripheral microemboli to the small arteries e.g. sudden pain, blueness of skin, coldness and numbness of a finger. Pulses are palpable
- Examine for any signs of rheumatoid arthritis, lupus erythematosus, systemic sclerosis, polyarteritis nodosa, Buerger's disease, polycythaemia, leukemia, polymyositis, dermatomyositis that may cause Raynaud's phenomenon
- Blood tests
- Full blood count to look for signs of leukemia or polycythaemia which may cause Raynaud's phenomenon; anemia of chronic disease
- ESR may be raised in lupus erythematosus, systemic sclerosis, Rheumatoid arthritis, polyarteritis nodosa
- Rheumatoid factor, ANA antibodies, ENA antibodies, dsDNA antibodies, antinuclear and anticentromere antibodies to diagnose possible causes of Raynaud's phenomenon
- Radiological investigations
- Arteriography can define the site and degree of arterial obstruction
- Muscle and skin biopsies - can diagnose polymyositis and dermatomyositis.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Cold hands:
The following list of conditions
have 'Cold hands' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Cold hands or choose View All.
» Next page: Glossary
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: