Glossary for Crohns-like weight loss symptoms
Medical terms related to Crohns-like weight loss symptoms or mentioned in this section include:
- Abdominal pain: Pain in the abdominal area or stomach.
- Abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the abdomen or digestive tract
- Acute Crohns-like weight loss symptoms: sudden loss of weight and muscle mass caused by diseases other than Crohn's
- Adrenal gland symptoms: Symptoms affecting the adrenal glands
- Barrett's oesophagus-like weight loss symptoms: loss of weight and muscle mass caused by diseases other than Barrett's oseophagus
- Body symptoms: Symptoms affecting the entire body features.
- Burns: Injury from burns and scalds.
- COPD: Severe obstruction of bronchial air flow typically from bronchitis and/or emphysema.
- Cachexia: physical wasting with loss of weight and muscle mass caused by disease
- Cancer: Abnormal overgrowth of body cells.
- Celiac Disease: Digestive intolerance to gluten in the diet.
- Chronic Crohns-like weight loss symptoms: loss of weight and muscle mass caused by diseases other than Crohn's
- Colitis: Inflammation of the colon
- Congestive heart failure: A condition which is characterized by breathlessness due to oedema and congestion of the lungs
- Crohn's disease: Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive system. It is one of a group of diseases called inflammatory bowel disease. The disease can affect any area from the mouth to the anus. It often affects the lower part of the small intestine called the ileum.
- Crohn's-like symptoms: the main symptoms of Crohn's disease include diarrhoea, loss of weight and abdominal pain
- Digestive symptoms: Any symptoms affecting the digestive tract.
- Electrolyte imbalance: impairment in the level of electrolytes in the body
- Fever: Raised body temperature usually with other symptoms.
- Grief or loss: The normal emotional response that occurs to an external loss
- HIV/AIDS: HIV is a sexually transmitted virus and AIDS is the progressive immune failure that HIV causes.
- Hyperthyroidism: The excessive activity of the thyroid gland
- Ileitis: Inflammation of the lower end of the small intestine
- Inflammatory bowel disease: Inflammatory bowel disease refers to digestive symptoms resulting from chronic bowel inflammation. Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis are two of the main subtypes of the disease. Scientists have discovered an array of genetic mutations which can result in an increased susceptibility to inflammatory bowel disease. Not all people with the genetic anomaly will develop the condition but it can increase the risk especially if other environmental factors are also present. The severity of the disease that develops is variable.
- Injury: Any damage inflicted in the body
- Intermittent Crohns-like weight loss symptoms: loss of weight and muscle mass caused by diseases other than Crohn's
- Kaposi sarcoma: A form of cancer caused by a type of herpesvirus that occurs mainly in the skin but may also affect the lymph nodes, internal organs and mucosal areas. There are four forms of the condition: Classical Indolent form, Endemic African KS, iatrogenic KS and acquired immunodeficiency syndrome-associated KS. Symptoms depend on the extent of internal organ and lymphatic system involvement.
- Leukemia: Cancer of the blood cells, usually white blood cells.
- Lymphoma: Any neoplastic disorder that occurs in lymphoid tissue
- Mild Crohns-like weight loss symptoms: the main symptoms of crohn's disease include diarrhoea, loss of weight and abdominal pain
- Mouth symptoms: Symptoms of the mouth or oral area.
- Recurring crohns-like weight loss symptoms: loss of weight and muscle mass caused by diseases other than Crohn's
- Sepsis: The presence of microorganisms in the blood circulation
- Severe Crohns-like weight loss symptoms: loss of weight and muscle mass caused by diseases other than Crohn's
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
- Surgical errors/complications: Any error or complication that arises from surgery
- Tissue wasting: wasting of the body tissues is seen in certain conditions
- Tuberculosis: Bacterial infection causing nodules forming, most commonly in the lung.
- Ulcerative colitis: Ulcerative colitis (Colitis ulcerosa, UC) is a form of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Ulcerative colitis is a form of colitis, a disease of the intestine, specifically the large intestine or colon, that includes characteristic ulcers, or open sores, in the colon.
- Vomiting: Vomiting or retching symptoms.
- Weight loss: Loss of body weight.
- Weight loss disorders:
- Weight symptoms: Symptoms related to body weight.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Crohns-like weight loss symptoms:
The following list of conditions
have 'Crohns-like weight loss symptoms' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Crohns-like weight loss symptoms or choose View All.
» Next page: Croup
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: