Glossary for Dark and light patches on the skin
Medical terms related to Dark and light patches on the skin or mentioned in this section include:
- Actinic keratosis: Gradual thickening of outer skin layers caused by excessive exposure to sunlight. Also called senile keratosis, senile wart or solar keratosis.
- Altered pigmentation: discoloration of the skin can be caused by various factors
- Angioma: A benign tumor containing blood or lymph vessels.
- Dyskeratosis Congenita: A rare genetic disorder characterized by sking pigmentation abnormalities, nail dystrophy and mucous membrane changes.
- Incontinentia Pigmenti: A rare genetic skin pigmentation disorder characterized by eye, teeth, bone, nail and hair malformations as well as central nervous abnormalities and mental deficiency.
- Inflammatory symptoms: Symptoms related to inflammation.
- Kaposi sarcoma: A form of cancer caused by a type of herpesvirus that occurs mainly in the skin but may also affect the lymph nodes, internal organs and mucosal areas. There are four forms of the condition: Classical Indolent form, Endemic African KS, iatrogenic KS and acquired immunodeficiency syndrome-associated KS. Symptoms depend on the extent of internal organ and lymphatic system involvement.
- Lymphomatoid Granulomatosis: A rare, progressive blood vessel disease where nodular lesions destroy blood vessels - lungs, skin and nervous system are mainly involved.
- Malnutrition: Any disorder that relates to inadequate intake of nutrients.
- McCune-Albright Syndrome: A rare genetic multisystem disorder characterized by abnormal skin pigmentation and endocrine gland dysfunction and replacement of parts of bone tissue with fibrous material.
- Mouth symptoms: Symptoms of the mouth or oral area.
- Mycosis fungoides: Mycosis fungoides is a rare form of T-cell lymphoma of the skin. The disease is typically slowly progressive and chronic.
- Neurofibromatosis: Nerve disorders often leading to tumors on nerves.
- Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: A condition which is any neoplastic disorder of the lymphoid tissue
- Pigmentation symptoms: Symptoms related to pigmentation levels in the skin.
- Skin color changes: Skin changes such as redness, blueness, or whitening.
- Skin conditions: Any condition that affects the skin
- Skin pain: Pain affecting the skin.
- Skin pigmentation: The occurrence of pigmentation that is located in the skin
- Skin problems: Any condition that affects the skin
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
- Vitiligo: A condition which is characterized by chronic pigmentary changes to the skin seen by white patches
- Xeroderma pigmentosum: A rare pigmentary disease that is caused by an enzyme deficiency
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Dark and light patches on the skin:
The following list of conditions
have 'Dark and light patches on the skin' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Dark and light patches on the skin or choose View All.
» Next page: Dark areas on the cheek
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: