Common causes of Difficulty falling asleep
Difficulty falling asleep Common Causes
Some of the common causes of Difficulty falling asleep may include:
This information shows the various causes of Difficulty falling asleep, and how common these diseases
or conditions are in the general population.
This is not a direct indication as to how commonly these diseases are the actual cause
of Difficulty falling asleep, but gives a relative idea as to how frequent these diseases are seen overall.
diseases that are "very common".
diseases that are "common".
diseases without any prevalence information.
Causes of Difficulty falling asleep that are very common
The following causes of Difficulty falling asleep are diseases or medical conditions that
affect more than 10 million people in the USA:
Causes of Difficulty falling asleep that are common
The following causes of Difficulty falling asleep are diseases or conditions that
affect more than 1 million people in the USA:
Causes of Difficulty falling asleep without any prevalence information
The following causes of Difficulty falling asleep are ones for which
we do not have any prevalence information.
- Alcoholism or abruptly stopping alcohol after long-term use
- Depression or major depression
- Difficulty falling asleep - problems falling asleep
- Enlarged prostate
- Exhilaration or excitement
- Generalized anxiety disorder - trouble falling asleep
- Illicit street drugs, such as amphetamines and cocaine
- Insomnia - difficulty falling asleep
- Jet lag
- Lack of exposure to bright light or sunlight
- Lack of physical exercise
- Lung problems
- Medications, such as too much thyroid medicine, ephedrine, phenylpropanolamine,theophylline derivatives, and others
- Overactive thyroid
- Periodic limb movements in sleep - trouble falling asleep
- Primary insomnia - difficulty falling asleep
- Psychotic depression - Difficulty falling asleep
- Restless leg syndrome
- Shift work
- Sleeping too much during the day
- Stimulants taken in the evening, including nicotine, alcohol, caffeine, or food
- Stress and worrying
- Suddenly stopping a medication (such as sleeping pills or sedatives)
- Too much stimulation at bedtime
- Wake-sleep pattern disturbances
- more causes...»
All Causes of Difficulty falling asleep
The full list of all possible causes for Difficulty falling asleep described in various sources is as follows:
See full list of possible disease causes of Difficulty falling asleep
Difficulty falling asleep: Tools
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Difficulty falling asleep:
The following list of conditions
have 'Difficulty falling asleep' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Difficulty falling asleep or choose View All.