Glossary for Diffuse myalgia
Medical terms related to Diffuse myalgia or mentioned in this section include:
- Anxiety: Excessive worry, anxiety, or fear.
- Arthritis: A condition which is characterized by the inflammation of a joint
- Body symptoms: Symptoms affecting the entire body features.
- Brain symptoms: Symptoms affecting the brain
- Chikungunya: A rare viral disease usually transmitted by mosquitoes and characterized by fever, rash and severe arthritis.
- Chronic fatigue syndrome: A persistent debilitating fatigue of recent onset
- Common symptoms: The most common symptoms
- Dengue fever: An acute viral disease characterized by fever, rash and myalgia and caused by a flavivirus which is transmitted by mosquitoes.
- Depressive symptoms: Inappropriate depressed mood.
- Electrolyte abnormality: An imbalance in the level of any of a number of chemicals (electrolytes) in the blood stream e.g. chloride, sodium, magnesium, potassium, calcium, phosphate and bicarbonate. Symptoms can vary depending on which electrolyte is involved and the severity of the imbalance - severe cases can readily lead to death. An electrolyte abnormality can be caused by such things excessive loss of body fluid through vomiting or diarrhea, kidney conditions, malabsorption and various drugs such as diuretics and chemotherapy drugs.
- Exercise symptoms: Symptoms related to or triggered by exercise
- Guam disease: A nerve degeneration disorder that occurs particularly in Guam and involves progressive dementia and parkinsonism which ultimately leads to death.
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Joint pain: Pain affecting the joints
- Leptospirosis: Bacterial infection usually caught from animal urine.
- Malaria: A parasitic disease transmitted through mosquito bites.
- Malnutrition: Any disorder that relates to inadequate intake of nutrients.
- Mononucleosis: Common infectious virus.
- Movement symptoms: Changes to movement or motor abilities
- Muscle pain: Aches or pains affecting the muscles
- Muscle symptoms: Symptoms affecting the muscles of the body
- Muscle weakness: Weakness of the muscles or loss of tone
- Musculoskeletal symptoms: Symptoms affecting muscles or bones of the skeleton.
- Myalgia: Muscle aches and pains
- Myopathy: Any disease that occurs in the muscle.
- Myositis: One of the underlying causes for muscle weakness/myopathy.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Neurological symptoms: Any symptoms that are caused by neurological conditions
- Paget's Disease: Breast carcinoma involving nipple and areola.
- Pain: Any type of pain sensation symptoms.
- Polymyalgia rheumatica: A condition characterized by muscle pain and stiffness, fatigue and fever. It is often associated with giant-cell arteritis which is a related but more serious condition.
- Q fever: A disease caused by Coxiella burnetti which causes fever, headache and muscle pain.
- Rhabdomyolysis: The destruction of the striated muscle fibres with excretion of myoglobin in the urine
- Ross River virus: Mosquito-borne virus in parts of Australia and other countries
- Sensations: Changes to sensations or the senses
- Sensory symptoms: Symptoms affecting the sensory systems.
- Sepsis: The presence of microorganisms in the blood circulation
- Stroke symptoms: Brain-related symptoms of bleeding or blockage.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Diffuse myalgia:
The following list of conditions
have 'Diffuse myalgia' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Diffuse myalgia or choose View All.