Diagnostic Tests for Drug abuse
Diagnostic Test list for Drug abuse:
The list of diagnostic tests
mentioned in various sources as
used in the diagnosis of Drug abuse
- Physical examination
- Examine for evidence of drug use - e.g. needle "track" marks, discolored fingers from smoking marijuana or cigarettes.
- General state of health
- Physical examination looking for any ill-effects from drug abuse e.g. tender liver
- Mental state examination
- Level of consciousness and orientation - e.g. alert and responsive, drowsy, "nodding off'.
- General appearance - e.g. cleanliness, body odor, unkempt, unshaved, malnourished, posture.
- General behavior - e.g. reaction to medical staff and family members, abnormal movements.
- Speech - e.g. incoherent, incomprehensible, confused, rapid.
- Mood - e.g. depressed , anxious, euphoric.
- Thought content - e.g. suicidal ideation, preoccupations, ruminations, abnormal beliefs.
- Evidence of hallucinations
- Attention and concentration
- Assess short term memory
- Assess insight into problem with drug abuse
- Blood tests (if indicated)
Home Diagnostic Testing
These home medical tests may be relevant to Drug abuse causes:
- Child Behavior: Home Testing
- Mental Health (Adults): Home Testing
- Home Drug Tests
- Smoking-Related Disorders: Home Testing:
- Mental Health: Home Testing:
- Brain & Neurological Disorders: Related Home Testing:
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Drug abuse:
The following list of conditions
have 'Drug abuse' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Drug abuse or choose View All.
Conditions listing medical complications: Drug abuse:
The following list of medical conditions have 'Drug abuse'
or similar listed as a medical complication in our database.
» Next page: Glossary
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: