Glossary for Dry scalp in children
Medical terms related to Dry scalp in children or mentioned in this section include:
- Arm symptoms: Symptoms affecting the arm
- Child health symptoms: Symptoms related to pediatric (child) health.
- Cradle Cap: Common scalp condition in babies
- Dandruff: Scaly and dry material that is shed from the scalp
- Dermatomyositis: A muscle disease characterized by chronic muscle inflammation resulting in progressive muscle weakness and a characteristic rash.
- Dry scalp: A condition which is characterized by a dry texture to ones scalp
- Eczema: Skin rash usually from allergic causes.
- Eyebrow rash: An eruption on the skin of the eyebrow.
- Face symptoms: Symptoms affecting the face
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Itching skin: Itching feeling of the skin.
- Itchy scalp: Itching of the scalp
- Itchy scalp in children: Itchy scalp in children is a condition in which a child's scalp is irritated, inflamed, scratchy, and itchy.
- Psoriasis: Psoriasis is an inflammatory skin condition where the defective immune system causes skin cells to grow rapidly. It affects a significant number of people. Arthritis, which can be severe, is associated with the psoriasis in up to a third of cases. Not all patients who are susceptible to the condition will develop it - roughly 10% of those susceptible will actually develop the condition. There are various environmental factors which can trigger the onset of the disease e.g. strep throat (common trigger), some medication, stress and cold weather. Once the disease develops, it may resolve on its own or with treatment or may become a persistent chronic condition. The severity and duration of symptoms is variable.
- Scabies: Mite infection of the skin common in institutions.
- Scalp pain: Pain occurring on or around the scalp.
- Scalp symptoms: Symptoms of the scalp on the head
- Seborrheic scalp: Seborrheic scalp is a condition in which the scalp is red, itchy, and flaking.
- Tinea capitis: A condition which is characterized by tinea of the scalp
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Dry scalp in children:
The following list of conditions
have 'Dry scalp in children' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Dry scalp in children or choose View All.
» Next page: Dry scaly skin
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: