Glossary for Ear swelling
Medical terms related to Ear swelling or mentioned in this section include:
- Acoustic neuroma: A rare benign tumor that forms in the hearing canal. Can cause tinnitus, progressive hearing loss, headaches, facial numbness, papilledema, dizziness and an unsteady walk. Speaking and swallowing difficulty can occur in advanced stages. Also called acoustic neurilemoma, acoustic neurinoma and acoustic neurofibroma.
- Allergic reaction: A hypersensitivity reaction produced by the body, which results in an exaggerated or inappropriate immune reaction to a particular substance.
- Barotrauma: Damage to the lungs, ear or sinuses caused by rapid or extreme changes in air pressure.
- Cauliflower ear: Ear deformity from ear trauma; common in boxers
- Cellulitis: inflammation of the subcutaneous fat
- Cholesteatoma: Uncommon middle ear condition
- Ear canal infection: Infection and pain due to lesions related to the external ear or radiating pain from middle and inner ear.
- Ear conditions: Any condition that affects the ear
- Ear discharge: Discharge of fluid from the ear
- Ear infection: Infection of the ear - may involve the middle and inner ear.
- Ear infection (infant): An infection that affects the ear
- Ear itching: Itching or itchy ear symptoms
- Ear pain: Pain due to lesions related to the external ear or radiating pain from middle and inner ear.
- Ear symptoms: Symptoms affecting the ear or hearing
- Earache: Pain in the ear called "otalgia"
- Earlobe conditions: Conditions that affect the earlobe
- Face symptoms: Symptoms affecting the face
- Folliculitis: An inflammatory reaction which occurs in the follicles
- Glue ear: A condition which affects the ear and is characterized by a chronic accumulation of the fluid leading to a loss of hearing
- Gout: Painful joints, most commonly the big toe.
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Infection: Infections as a symptom.
- Jewellery allergy: Jewellery allergy usually refers to an allergic response to nickel which is found in most jewellery. Even high carat gold has some nickel content which may pose problems for some people. Symptoms usually only involve the skin that is in contact with the jewellery. Nickel may also be found in watch straps, belt buckles and jeans studs.
- Labyrinthitis: Inner ear condition affecting various ear structures
- Meniere's disease: Ear fluid disorder causing balance problems.
- Middle ear infection: An infection which occurs in the middle ear
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Otitis externa: Infection of the outer ear canal
- Perichondritis: Inflammation of cartilage and surrounding soft tissue.
- Polychondritis: A serious, progressive, episodic condition characterized by inflammation and degeneration of cartilage in the body. The duration and severity of the episodes can vary.
- Skin Cancer: The occurrence of a malignancy that is located on the skin
- Skin cancer: The occurrence of a malignancy that is located on the skin
- Swelling symptoms: Symptoms causing swelling or enlargement.
- Venous Insufficiency: A condition which is characterized by inadequacy of the venous valves which impairs venous drainage
- Venous insufficiency: A condition which is characterized by inadequacy of the venous valves which impairs venous drainage
- Warts: Wart growths on the skin or genital area.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Ear swelling:
The following list of conditions
have 'Ear swelling' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Ear swelling or choose View All.
Nov 21, 2003
» Next page: Join in at the forums
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: