Glossary for Edema of the nose
Medical terms related to Edema of the nose or mentioned in this section include:
- Allergic rhinitis: An allergic reaction of the nasal mucosa that may occur seasonally
- Antrochoanal polyp:
- Breath symptoms: Breath-related symptoms including breath odor
- Breathing symptoms: Symptoms affecting the breathing systems.
- Cellulitis: inflammation of the subcutaneous fat
- Constant nose pain: Constant nose pain is discomfort that is steady and continual in the nose.
- Contusion: any injury that doesnt break the skin but causes some discoloration
- Cysts: Fluid-filled lump under the skin often produced by over-secreting gland
- Edema: The abnormal retention of fluid in a given anatomical area
- Ethmoidal polyp:
- Face symptoms: Symptoms affecting the face
- Folliculitis: An inflammatory reaction which occurs in the follicles
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Impetigo: Contagious skin rash from bacteria
- Injury: Any damage inflicted in the body
- Juvenile angiofibroma: A condition characterized by a benign tumour of the nasopharynx
- Mouth symptoms: Symptoms of the mouth or oral area.
- Mucormycosis: An infectious disease caused by fungus from the order Mucorales which is normally found in the soil and in decaying plant matter. Transmission is usually through the inhalation of spores. It is generally harmless to healthy individuals but can cause infection in patients who are immunocompromised or who have a serious chronic illness such as uncontrolled diabetes. Symptoms and severity can vary considerable depending on the part of the body the infection occurs in - gastrointestinal tract, skin, lungs, central nervous system, eye orbit and the paranasal sinuses.
- Nasal congestion: The congestion of the nasal passages.
- Nasopharyngeal carcinoma: A malignant cancer that occurs in the nasopharynx area which is the upper part of the throat. Often there are no symptoms until the cancer has metastasized to other parts of the body such as the neck.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Nose conditions: Any condition that affects the nose
- Nose symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nose
- Polychondritis: A serious, progressive, episodic condition characterized by inflammation and degeneration of cartilage in the body. The duration and severity of the episodes can vary.
- Respiratory symptoms: Symptoms affecting the breathing systems.
- Rhinophyma: large, bulbous, ruddy appearance of the nose caused by granulomatous infiltration.
- Rosacea: Inflammatory rash affecting cheeks, nose, forehead, chin
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
- Swelling symptoms: Symptoms causing swelling or enlargement.
- Systemic lupus erythematosus: chronic autoimmune disease that can be fatal, though with recent medical advances, fatalities are becoming increasingly rare.
- Thickened nose: swelling of the nose can inflammatory, infective or traumatic in nature
- Throat symptoms: Symptoms affecting the throat
- Tuberous sclerosis: A rare genetic disorder characterized by harmartomatous skin nodules, seizures, phakomata and bone lesions.
- Wegener's granulomatosis: A rare disease involving blood vessel inflammation which can affect the blood flow to various tissues and organs and hence cause damage. The respiratory system and the kidneys are the main systems affected.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Edema of the nose:
The following list of conditions
have 'Edema of the nose' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Edema of the nose or choose View All.
» Next page: Edema without proteinuria
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: