Glossary for Eschar
Medical terms related to Eschar or mentioned in this section include:
- Cutaneous Anthrax: A skin infection caused by the spores of the anthrax bacteria called Bacillus anthracis. The infection occurs when the spores enter broken skin and result in a small red bump which blisters. The blister ruptures and forms a dark scab over dead tissue.
- Fever: Raised body temperature usually with other symptoms.
- Fungal symptoms: Symptoms from various fungal infections
- Gangrene: Death (necrosis) of a portion of tissue or entire organ due to decreased perfusion with blood or infectious destruction of tissue.
- Hobo spider poisoning: The Hobo spider is a type of funnel web spider which can deliver a painful bite. Their bite can cause localized tissue necrosis which can take a long time to heal. Systemic symptoms may occur in severe cases but this is rare.
- Infection: Infections as a symptom.
- Lymph symptoms: Symptoms affecting the lymphatic system or lymph nodes
- Plague: Any epidemic disease with a high death rate.
- Skin infections: Infection or inflammation of the skin.
- Skin problems: Any condition that affects the skin
- Skin rash: Change in the skin which affects the color, appearance or texture.
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
- Skin ulcer: The occurrence of an ulcer that is located on the skin
- Swelling symptoms: Symptoms causing swelling or enlargement.
- Swollen lymph nodes: Swelling or enlargement of the lymph nodes
- Ulcer: The sloughing of necrotic inflammatory tissue causing a local defect in the surface of an organ or tissue
- Yellow sac spider poisoning: The yellow sac spider is a small spider found in Hawaii, eastern US, Utah and New England. The spider tends to hold on very tightly when it bites and often has to be physically removed. The venom contains a toxin which kills cells. Skin and sometimes systemic symptoms result - symptoms experience can vary amongst patients.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Eschar:
The following list of conditions
have 'Eschar' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Eschar or choose View All.