Glossary for Facial itch
Medical terms related to Facial itch or mentioned in this section include:
- Allergic reaction: A hypersensitivity reaction produced by the body, which results in an exaggerated or inappropriate immune reaction to a particular substance.
- Atopic dermatitis: Skin rash usually from allergic causes.
- Body symptoms: Symptoms affecting the entire body features.
- Brain symptoms: Symptoms affecting the brain
- Calf itch: A sensation that causes a desire to scratch the skin of the calf or calves
- Cheek itch: A sensation that causes a desire to scratch the skin of the cheek.
- Chest itch: A sensation that causes a desire to scratch the skin of the chest
- Cholestasis disease of pregnancy: A liver condition that can occur usually in the last stage of pregnancy. The flow of bile in the gallbladder or liver is impaired by the high levels of pregnancy hormones. The bile acids build up in the organs and then enter the bloodstream. The main symptom is usually itching. Symptoms usually resolve after delivering the baby. Risk factors includes existing liver condition, multiple pregnancy and a family history of the condition.
- Chronic Kidney Disease: Long-term and generally irreversible disease of the kidneys due to infection, obstruction, congenital diseases or generalised diseases causing failure of the kidneys' normal functions.
- Chronic renal failure: Long-term and generally irreversible disease of the kidneys due to infection, obstruction, congenital diseases or generalised diseases causing failure of the kidneys' normal functions.
- Common symptoms: The most common symptoms
- Contact dermatitis: Skin reaction to an irritant
- Dermatitis: Inflammation of the skin.
- Diabetes: Symptoms similar to those of diabetes
- Diabetes-like symptoms: Symptoms similar to those of diabetes
- Dry skin: Dryness, cracking or scaling of the skin.
- Eczema: Skin rash usually from allergic causes.
- Elbow itch: Abnormal itching sensation in the elbow.
- Face symptoms: Symptoms affecting the face
- Facial pain: Pain affecting the face
- Facial rash: A rash anatomically located on the face
- Finger itch: Finger itch is an unpleasant sensation that evokes the desire or reflex to scratch.
- Fingernail itch: Finger itch is an unpleasant sensation that evokes the desire or reflex to scratch.
- Forearm itch: A sensation thatcauses a desire to scratch the skin of the forearm
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Infection: Infections as a symptom.
- Itching skin: Itching feeling of the skin.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Neurodermatitis: Lichen simplex chronicus refers to thickened itchy skin that results from persistently rubbing or scratching an area of skin.
- Neurological symptoms: Any symptoms that are caused by neurological conditions
- Obstructive biliary disease: A disease process that causes obstruction or blockage in one of the bile ducts which are vessels that carry bile from the liver to the digestive system or gallbladder. Diseases that can cause such obstructions includes tumors, gallstones, parasites, bile duct inflammation, trauma to the bile duct and biliary strictures.
- Pain: Any type of pain sensation symptoms.
- Sensations: Changes to sensations or the senses
- Sensory symptoms: Symptoms affecting the sensory systems.
- Skin problems: Any condition that affects the skin
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
- Tingling face: Tingling, burning, or pins-and-needles affecting the face
- Weals: Drug reaction, allergy, infection, lupus, overactive thyroid, polycythemia, rheumatic fever, blisters, amyloidosis, progesterone increase, Still's Disease, pregnancy, vasculitis
- Xerotic eczema: Xerotic eczema is a chronic skin condition characterized by very dry patches of skin. The condition is usually triggered by environments which have low humidity such as during winter - this causes the skin to become excessively dry.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Facial itch:
The following list of conditions
have 'Facial itch' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Facial itch or choose View All.
» Next page: Facial jitteriness
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: