Glossary for Flank mass
Medical terms related to Flank mass or mentioned in this section include:
- Abdominal mass: Abdominal swelling with hard mass felt
- Abdominal pain: Pain in the abdominal area or stomach.
- Abdominal swelling: Swelling or bloating of the abdomen
- Abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the abdomen or digestive tract
- Adrenal Cancer: A malignant cancer that develops in the adrenal gland. The tumor may be nonfunctioning (does not produce hormones) or functioning in which case excessive levels of hormones can cause a variety of symptoms depending on which hormone is involved. Adrenal hormones made in the cortex (outer part of the gland) are aldosterone, corticosteroids and androgenic steroids. Adrenalin and noradrenalin are the hormones made in the medulla (central part of the adrenal gland).
- Adrenal hemorrhage, neonatal: Hemorrhage of the adrenal gland after birth. The severity of the disorder is varies from a small hemorrhage to damage to the whole adrenal gland. Sometimes the condition is discovered incidentally during ultrasounds for other reasons. The hemorrhage may occur as the result of a variety of causes including adrenal tumor, neonatal stress, and blood coagulation disorder or for no apparent reason.
- Aneurysm: Swelling or ballooning of part of an artery
- Body symptoms: Symptoms affecting the entire body features.
- Callus: Thickening of skin on hands or feet.
- Digestive symptoms: Any symptoms affecting the digestive tract.
- Enlarged liver: Swelling of the liver.
- Flank pain: A feeling of distress and agonycaused by the stimulation of pain nerve endings in the flank
- Flank symptoms: Symptoms affecting the flank (side) of the body.
- Fractures: Breakage of bones
- Hydronephrosis: Swelling of the kidney resulting from a blockage to the flow of urine.
- Infection: Infections as a symptom.
- Lipoma: Tumor of fat cells usually just under the skin
- Lymphadenopathy: Enlarged lymph glands.
- MASS syndrome: A genetic syndrome that is similar the Marfan syndrome but does not involve lens dislocation. It is a connective tissue disorder that involves the skeleton, skin, aorta and mitral valve.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Osteoarthritis: A form of degenerative arthritis due to chronic degeneration
- Polycystic kidney disease: Genetic kidney disease causing kidney cysts.
- Renal abscess: A pus-filled cavity that develops in the kidney as a result of inflammation. The inflammation may result from other purulent infections in the body. It is most common in young adults.
- Renal tuberculosis: Kidney affected by tuberculosis
- Sensations: Changes to sensations or the senses
- Side pain: Pain on the sides
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
- Splenomegaly: The normal spleen is usually not palpable. The spleen moves with respiratory patterns and may only be palpable at the end of inspiration
- Swelling symptoms: Symptoms causing swelling or enlargement.
- Wilms tumour and radial bilateral aplasia: A conditions that is characterized by the absence of one of the two forearm bones (radius) as well as the development of a type of kidney tumor called Wilm's tumor.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Flank mass:
The following list of conditions
have 'Flank mass' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Flank mass or choose View All.
» Next page: Flank pain
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: