Gastroesophageal reflux Treatments
Treatments for Heartburn
The following treatments are listed for Heartburn
in our knowledge base:
- Coping measures
- Smaller more frequent meals
- Eat slowing
- Sleep with head raised - e.g. elevated your bed at one end or use more pillows
- Lose weight if overweight
- Avoid triggering attacks of heartburn:
- Avoid the stomach getting overly full
- Avoid eating or drinking before bed
- Avoid lying down for 2 to 3 hours after eating
- Avoid bending over after eating
- Avoid straining to urinate
- Avoid straining to pass stool
- Avoid foods that may trigger reflux or heartburn - see triggers of heartburn
- Wear loose-fitting clothing
- Avoid clothing to presses on chest or abdomen
- Avoid smoking
- See also treatment of reflux and also treatment of GERD
Drugs and Medications used to treat Gastroesophageal reflux:
Some of the drugs and medications used in the treatment of Gastroesophageal reflux may include:
- Tagamet HB 200
- Acid Reducer 200
- Acid Reducer Cimetidine
- Heartburn 200
- Heartburn Relief 200
- Pepcid AC
- Pepcid Complete
- Acid Control
- Acid Controller
- Prevacid delayed release oral suspension
- Calcium Carbonate and Simethicone
- Titralac Plus
- Panto IV
- Andrews Tums
- Degas Extra
- DeWitt's Antacid
- Gastrogel Tablets
- Mylanta Original
- Mylanta Double Strength
- Sigma Liquid Antacid
- Gaviscon Double Strength
- Mucaine 2 in 1
- Mylanta Heartburn Relief
- Mylanta Rolltabsa
- Titralac SIL
Latest treatments for Gastroesophageal reflux
The following medications/drugs/procedures are some of the latest treatments for Gastroesophageal reflux:
Treatments for Causes of Gastroesophageal reflux
Review the treatment information pages for various causes of Gastroesophageal reflux:
More causes: not all possible causes for Gastroesophageal reflux are listed above; for a full list refer to causes of Gastroesophageal reflux.
Only your doctor can advise whether any of these treatments are appropriate
for your specific medical situation.
Always discuss all treatment options with your doctor before
making a decision,
including whether to start or discontinue any treatment plan.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Gastroesophageal reflux:
The following list of conditions
have 'Gastroesophageal reflux' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Gastroesophageal reflux or choose View All.
Conditions listing medical complications: Gastroesophageal reflux:
The following list of medical conditions have 'Gastroesophageal reflux'
or similar listed as a medical complication in our database.
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: