Glossary for Generalized lymphadenopathy
Medical terms related to Generalized lymphadenopathy or mentioned in this section include:
- Abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the abdomen or digestive tract
- Adult onset Still's disease: A form of Still's disease that has a later onset and involves arthralgia or arthritis and a characteristic rash that often appears during periods of temperature increase.
- Bacterial diseases: Diseases caused by a bacterial infection
- Chagas disease: A parasitic infection caused by the protozoa Trypanosoma cruzi and transmitted by insect bites or blood transfusions. The disease primarily involves the heart and gastrointestinal system.
- Digestive symptoms: Any symptoms affecting the digestive tract.
- Fever: Raised body temperature usually with other symptoms.
- HIV/AIDS: HIV is a sexually transmitted virus and AIDS is the progressive immune failure that HIV causes.
- Immune deficiency conditions: Any of various diseases that suppress the immune system.
- Infection: Infections as a symptom.
- Leukemia: Cancer of the blood cells, usually white blood cells.
- Lymph symptoms: Symptoms affecting the lymphatic system or lymph nodes
- Lymphadenopathy: Enlarged lymph glands.
- Lymphoma: Any neoplastic disorder that occurs in lymphoid tissue
- Lymphoproliferative disorders: A group of conditions characterized the by excessive production of lymphocytes (white blood cells). Immunosuppressed individuals are the most population group to develop this condition. The manifestations will vary depending on the particular subtype involved.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Neuroblastoma: neuroblastoma is a malignant (cancerous) tumor of infants and children that develops from nerve tissue
- Omsk hemorrhagic fever: A hemorrhagic fever caused by a virus. A serious outbreak occurred in Omsk and hence the name. Transmission occurs through tick bites. The infection has two phases: the first acute phase involves symptoms such as fever, rash and muscle pain and the second phase occurs after a week or two and involves the central nervous system (e.g. delirium, convulsions).
- Respiratory symptoms: Symptoms affecting the breathing systems.
- Sarcoidosis: Rare autoimmune disease usually affecting the lungs.
- Secondary syphilis: A condition which is characterized by fever, multiform skin eruptions, iritis, alopecia, mucous patches and severe pain in the head and joints
- Septicemia: A systemic inflammatory response to an infection.
- Serum sickness: Type of allergic reaction to certain medications or serums
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
- Spirochetes disease: Infection with a type of bacteria which is often found in mud, sewage and polluted water. Symptoms are determined by the species involved. Diseases caused by this bacteria include Treponema infection and borreliosis.
- Swelling symptoms: Symptoms causing swelling or enlargement.
- Swollen glands: Swelling of glands or lymph nodes
- Swollen lymph nodes: Swelling or enlargement of the lymph nodes
- Swollen spleen: Swelling or enlargement of the spleen
- Treponema infection: A rare infectious diseases which is transmitted through sexual contact and caused by Treponema pallidum (a spirochete bacterium). Untreated cases can result in severe complications and even death.
- Viral diseases: Any disease that is caused by a virus
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Generalized lymphadenopathy:
The following list of conditions
have 'Generalized lymphadenopathy' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Generalized lymphadenopathy or choose View All.