Glossary for Genital sores
Medical terms related to Genital sores or mentioned in this section include:
- African Sleeping sickness: A disease caused by parasites (Trypanosome brucei gamiense or T. brucei rodesiense) and transmitted to humans by the tsetse fly which is found only in Africa. Causes symptoms such as fever, chills, headache, anemia, edema of hands and feet, enlarged lymph glands, lethargy, sleepiness, convulsions and coma. Also called African trypanosomiasis and sleeping sickness.
- Athabaskan severe combined immunodeficiency: A severe immunodeficiency disorder found in Navajo and Apache populations.
- Azithromycin -- Teratogenic Agent: There is strong evidence to indicate that exposure to Azithromycin during pregnancy may have a teratogenic effect on the fetus. A teratogen is a substance that can cause birth defects. The likelihood and severity of defects may be affected by the level of exposure and the stage of pregnancy that the exposure occurred at.
- Balanitis: Inflammation of the glans (or head) of the penis.
- Bartholin's cyst: Cyst in a small vaginal gland
- Behcet's Disease: Recurring inflammation of small blood vessels affecting various areas.
- Behcet's syndrome: Recurring inflammation of small blood vessels affecting various areas.
- Benign mucosal pemphigoid: A rare chronic disease involving blistering and scarring of the mucous membranes especially in the mouth and conjunctiva of the eye.
- Boil: Infected puseous hair follicle on the skin
- Chancre: An ulcer like eruption that is located on an epithelial surface
- Chancroid: An sexually transmitted disease caused by the Haemophilus ducreyi bacteria and is characterized by painful genital ulceration.
- Chickenpox: Common viral infection.
- Chlamydia: Common sexually transmitted disease often without symptoms.
- Cicatricial pemphigoid: A rare chronic disease involving blistering and scarring of the mucous membranes especially in the mouth and conjunctiva of the eye.
- Cold sores: An acute viral disease marked by groups of vesicles on the skin that occur\ on the lips or nares
- Condyloma: A type of wart transmitted through direct sexual contact and is caused by the human papilloma virus.
- Dermatostomatitis, Stevens Johnson type: A rare but serious condition involving inflammation and blistering of the skin and mucous membranes. It is believed to be an allergic reaction that can occur in response to some drugs or infectious diseases.
- East African Trypanosomiasis: East African sleeping sickness from the tsetse fly
- Erythema multiforme: An allergic inflammatory skin disorder which has a variety of causes and results in skin and mucous membrane lesions that affect mainly the hands, forearms, feet, mouth nose and genitals.
- Furuncles: a furuncle is an infection of a hair follicle
- Genital herpes: Sexually transmitted infection of the genital region.
- Genital rash: Rash of the genital region
- Genital sores: Skin sores in the genital regions.
- Genital sores in children: Genital sores in children are ulcerations or lesions that develop on a child's genitals.
- Genital symptoms: Symptoms affecting the sex organs.
- Genital ulcer: A defect of the epithelial or mucosal surface on the genitals
- Genital warts: Skin warts in the genital regions.
- Granuloma inguinale: Granulomous disease spread sexually.
- HIV/AIDS: HIV is a sexually transmitted virus and AIDS is the progressive immune failure that HIV causes.
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Herpes: Virus with one subtype causing cold sores and another causing genital herpes.
- Human Papillomavirus: Very common sexually transmitted disease causing genital warts and associated with certain cancers.
- Intercourse symptoms: Symptoms related to the act of sexual intercourse.
- Lichen planus: Skin rash
- Lymphogranuloma venereum: Type of chlamydia (sexually transmitted disease)
- Mens health symptoms: Symptoms closely related to men's health.
- Molluscum contagiosum: Common wart-causing virus.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Pemphigus Vulgaris: A severe autoimmune skin disease characterized by blistering of the skin including the mucous membranes inside the mouth and esophagus.
- Penile Itch: Sensation occurring on the penis that leads to a feeling of wanting to itch.
- Penile sores: A lesion present on the penis.
- Primary syphilis: A condition which is characterized by a primary chancre which is infectious and painless
- Reiterís syndrome: A form of reactive arthritis characterized by arthritis, urethritis, conjunctivitis and skin lesions.
- Scabies: Mite infection of the skin common in institutions.
- Sexual pain: Pain affecting the sexual organs or systems.
- Sexual symptoms: Symptoms affecting the sexual organs
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases: Various diseases spread by sexual contact.
- Skin Cancer: The occurrence of a malignancy that is located on the skin
- Skin cancer: The occurrence of a malignancy that is located on the skin
- Skin problems: Any condition that affects the skin
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
- Sores: Sores affecting the skin.
- Stevens Johnson syndrome: A rare but serious condition involving inflammation and blistering of the skin and mucous membranes. It is believed to be an allergic reaction that can occur in response to some drugs or infectious diseases.
- Syphilis: A sexually transmitted disease caused by a bacteria (Treponema pallidum). The condition is often asymptomatic in the early stages but one or more sores may be present in the early stages. Untreated syphilis usually results in remission of visible symptoms but further severe damage may occur to internal organs and other body tissues which can result in death.
- Tinea cruris: Red, scaly rash in groin and upper thigh area; usually found in men and due to fungal infection
- Vulva itch: Itching of the vulva area
- Vulval Ulceration: an area of tissue erosion in the vulva
- Vulvovaginitis: A condition which is characterized by inflammation to the vular and vagina
- West African Trypanosomiasis: West African sleeping sickness from the tsetse fly
- Women's health symptoms: Symptoms related to women's health.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Genital sores:
The following list of conditions
have 'Genital sores' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Genital sores or choose View All.
» Next page: Join in at the forums
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: