Glossary for Hepatomegaly similar to that in cirrhosis of liver
Medical terms related to Hepatomegaly similar to that in cirrhosis of liver or mentioned in this section include:
- Abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the abdomen or digestive tract
- Alcohol abuse: Excessive alcohol as a symptom of other conditions
- Amoebiasis: An infectious disease caused by a free-living amoebic parasite called Entamoeba histolytica. The organism infects the bowel and causes gastroenteritis. Infection occurs through ingesting contaminated food or water. It is more common in countries with poor sanitation. The incubation period may last from days to weeks before symptoms appear.
- Amyloidosis: A disease characterized by the accumulation of insoluble amyloid protein in tissues and organs which in turn affects the functioning of these tissues and organs.
- Bernheim's syndrome: Reduced size of right heart ventricle due to enlargement of the left ventricle which encroaches on the space in the right ventricle. Blood flow from the right atrium to the right ventricle is obstructed.
- Cirrhosis of liver: diffuse hepatic process characterized by fibrosis and the conversion of normal liver architecture into structurally abnormal nodules
- Digestive symptoms: Any symptoms affecting the digestive tract.
- Enlarged liver: Swelling of the liver.
- Hematochromatosis: Hemochromatosis is the abnormal accumulation of iron in parenchymal organs, leading to organ toxicity. It is the most common inherited liver disease in whites and the most common autosomal recessive genetic disorder.
- Hepatitis: Any inflammation of the liver
- Hepatomegaly similar to that in hematochromatosis: Hepatomegaly similar to that in hematochromatosis is an enlarged liver that is similar to the enlarged liver of hematochromatosis.
- Hydatid cyst: It is rare for hydatid disease to be encountered primarily in the urogenital system or retroperitoneum. Moreover, prostatic involvement is extremely rare.
- Leukemia: Cancer of the blood cells, usually white blood cells.
- Liver abscess: Pus in the liver
- Liver conditions: Any condition that affects the liver
- Liver enlargement: This is where there is an enlargement of the liver
- Liver pain: Pain or discomfort due to the liver
- Liver problems: Any problems that are associated with the livers structure and function
- Liver symptoms: Symptoms affecting the liver
- Lymphoma: Any neoplastic disorder that occurs in lymphoid tissue
- Malaria: A parasitic disease transmitted through mosquito bites.
- Mononucleosis: Common infectious virus.
- Mucopolysaccharidosis II: Disorder of mucopolysaccharide metabolism in juveniles.
- Muscle symptoms: Symptoms affecting the muscles of the body
- Myeloma: A primary malignancy of the plasma cells
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
- Upper abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the upper abdominal region.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Hepatomegaly similar to that in cirrhosis of liver:
The following list of conditions
have 'Hepatomegaly similar to that in cirrhosis of liver' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Hepatomegaly similar to that in cirrhosis of liver or choose View All.